DJI just expanded its premium product lineup with the release of two new drones – the Mavic Pro Platinum and Phantom 4 Obsidian. Both newcomers provide a handful of improvements, even though they don’t seem to be a major upgrade when compared to their predecessors.
Besides that, the company also added a new operational mode called “Sphere Mode” to its smallest entry-level drone – the DJI Spark. This feature enables the device to create spherical panoramic photos, a handy functionality aiming to expand creative possibilities of users currently owning the DJI’s smallest and most consumer-friendly drone even further.
Despite the fact that the Mavic Pro Platinum features the same sleek design and compact body of its sibling the Mavic Pro, the just released quadcopter is 4db quieter as well as it provides extended flight time to 30 minutes mainly due to the new FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 8331 propellers.
Overall, these enhancements should give users more enjoyable experience while operating the aircraft alongside increased stability during flight. The Mavic Pro Platinum can already be pre-ordered for a retail price of $1,099.
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Highlights
- Integrated 12MP 4K Camera
- 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizes Camera
- 4 dB Quieter Than Mavic Pro
- GPS- & Vision Position-Based Navigation
- FlightAutonomy with Obstacle Detection
- DJI GO App-Based Control and Monitoring
- Top Speed of 40 mph in Sport Mode
- Up to 30 Minutes Flight Time
- Tap- and Gesture-Based Commands
- Price: $1,099
The Phantom 4 Obsidian, on the other hand, is essentially the same as the DJI Phantom 4 Pro but with a different matte-gray obsidian finish. All in all, the new model boasts the same 1-inch 20-megapixel CMOS sensor, electroplated magnesium gimbal, 30-minute flight time and recording options of the Phantom 4 Pro as well as the same price tag of $1,499.
DJI Phantom 4 Obsidian Highlights
- 1″ 20MP CMOS Sensor
- Electroplated Magnesium Gimbal
- Gimbal-Stabilized 4K60 / 20MP Imaging
- Four Directions of Obstacle Avoidance
- Top Speed of 45 mph in Sport Mode
- Maximum Control Range of 4.3 Miles
- Visual Tracking of Moving Subject
- TapFly – Fly With a Tap of the Finger
- Distinctive Matte-Gray Obsidian Finish
- Up to 30 Minutes Flying Time
- Price: $1,499
Optionally, you can get the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian Edition Quadcopter that unlike the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian comes with a remote controller with 1080p display and costs $300 more. Both the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian and Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian can be pre-ordered for $1,499 and 1,799 respectively.
B&H Pre-Order Links:
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Edition Quadcopter
DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian Edition Quadcopter
Black Friday 2017 Special - Get 85% Off the Ultimate Black Friday DaVinci Resolve Course Bundle! Sale Ends Wednesday, November 29th 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time!