AJA is well known for introducing innovative and reliable products widely used in the broadcast and other professional video production world. The makers of the AJA CION 4K camera, which didn’t take off as well as they’d hoped, but is still around, just expanded their Ki Pro recorder family with the brand new AJA Ki Pro Ultra – a next generation file-based 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD video recorder and player with a built-in HD LCD monitor. The new AJA Ki Pro Ultra is a powerful recorder capable of capturing edit-ready True 4K DCI, UltraHD (3,840 x 2160), 2K (2,048 x 1,080) and Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) Apple ProRes files in a variety of flavours. The AJA Ki Pro Ultra also supports a range of video formats and frame rates up to 4K/60p, and offers flexible input and output connectivity – including 3G-SDI, Fiber and HDMI – for powerful and efficient large-raster and high-frame rate workflows.
AJA Ki Pro Ultra Features
- Supports recording and playback of 4K/UHD resolutions up to 4K/60p.
- Apple ProRes support, including up to ProRes 4444.
- Records 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD sources directly to reliable and affordable AJA Pak SSD media, at capacities up to 1 TB.
- Extremely fast media changes and Rollover recording with twin media drive bays.
- Professional connectivity with 3G-SDI, Fiber and HDMI inputs and outputs, AES and analog XLR balanced audio, LTC, RS-422 and LAN.
- All outputs are active all the time, for massive output and monitoring capabilities.
- “Always-on” high-quality 4K/UHD to HD down-conversion.
- Intuitive menu structure and confidence monitoring on a built-in 4.8” 720p LCD display.
- Integrated web-based UI for complete control across the LAN on any web-browser.
- A rotary selection knob for quick, accurate adjustment of configuration and settings.
- RS-422 control for easy integration with supported editing systems and external controllers.
- Dual redundant 12V power inputs with locking 4-pin connector (one 12V power supply included).
- Standard 2RU high, 1/2 rack width, allows easy side-by-side rack-mounting. Included carrying handle also allows easy portability.
- AJA 3-year international warranty and support included.
The Ki Pro ULTRA features a huge range of various analog and digital audio connections including the industry standard 3G-SDI, HDMI, SFP Fiber, XLR audio, and more. According to AJA you can get up to 2 hours of 4K/60p ProRes HQ on 2 x AJA Pak 1TB SSDs with rollover functionality to extend that even further. Probably one of the best features is the integrated HD LCD display for monitoring and playback includes transparent overlays that offer a feature rich and intuitive menu with onscreen keyboard functionality. Ki Pro Ultra also includes AJAs proven integrated web UI, for easy and complete control across a LAN from any web-browser.
The AJA Ki Pro Ultra is available now for $3,995 in the US. The Ki Pro Ultra records to AJA’s robust Pak SSD-based media, which is available in 256 GB capacity for $695, 512GB (Pak512) for a $1,295, and finally a 1TB (Pak1000) for $1,495. Users would also need a Pak Dock ($395 at B&H) for media playback from any computer. Optional Fibre modules and two-unit rack mount shelf are also available.
For more information head on over to AJA.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!