The inaugural Video Show 2019 is for all video creators from aspiring documentary filmmakers to wedding videographers and commercial film professionals!
The Video Show makes its debut at the NEC in Birmingham, UK from 16-19 March 2019. The Video Show has been created to inspire a growing community of video-makers and will be happening alongside the hugely popular The Photography Show, which attracts thousands of photography enthusiasts and professionals every year and increasingly sees close synergies between photography and video.
The Video Show is launching in recognition of the massive shift towards video as a preferred medium for media consumption online, with visitors to the show gaining the opportunity to learn how to employ different techniques and skills to get the best out of their filming and post-production. The latest kit, gadgets, software and accessories, brought to the show by some of the biggest brands in the industry, will also be available to try out and buy.
The follow brands that filmmakers are already familiar with have already confirmed to exhibit at the Video Show 2019 include:
- Panasonic, Sony, Fujinon, Atomos, Sigma,
- G-Technology, SHAPE, Sennheiser, RØDE Microphones,
- ZEISS, Rotolight, SKB Cases, Top-Teks, Audio-Technica,
- Pinknoise, Acebil, Shure, Westcott, Lowepro,
- Joby, DJI, AKM Music, Sigma, Roland, Loupedeck plus many more.
Filmmakers from all backgrounds and at any level of experience will glean tips and advice from some of the best names in the industry, including:
- Daniel Peters, a director/cinematographer who will explore location sourcing, lighting, grading, and equipment choice for short films;
- Leanne Perrins, the UK’s leading female wedding filmmaker, who will examine the transition from videography into cinematography;
- Multi-award winning Ivo Marloh who will reveal how he approaches the making of adventure documentaries; the self-taught brains behind one of the biggest cinematic documentary hits of 2018 (Kaiser: The Greatest Footballer Never to Play Football) who will look at the evolution of storytelling;
- Rupert Cobb, brought to the show by Panasonic, who will discuss the intricacies of creating a music video from start to finish.
Some of the latest kit on display at the show will be the new Canon EOS RP full-frame budget mirrorless camera, the new Sony a6400 which was launched a few weeks ago and the first full-frame mirrorless cameras from Panasonic – the S1 and S1R. Nikon will have a presence as well with their newest full-frame Z6 and Z7 hybrid cameras suitable for both stills and 4K video, as well as the latest cameras and lenses from Fuji and Olympus.
The Video Show 2019 is not just about the latest kit; the NEC will be packed with Seminars, Masterclasses and demos from 16th to 19th March, some of which include:
- Video Live Stage – A programme of practical demos and fun, interactive sessions from which visitors can learn video production skills and camera work across a variety of genres, and within specific areas of focus such as lighting and sound.
- In Motion Theatre – Seminars focusing on creating and producing engaging video content and the art of inspiring storytelling through moving image.
- Beginners’ and Pro Masterclasses – In-depth sessions to guide those at the beginning of their moving image journey on the basics, and support professionals in need of business knowledge and direction.
- Editing & Post-Production Suite – Seminars covering post-production technique, workflow and software for everything from corporate work to editing for YouTube.
- Social Stage – A chance to discover more about the world of vlogging, how to create pro-quality content on a smartphone, how to edit on-the-go, and how to optimise videos for sharing.
- Drone Zone – Demonstrations showcasing the best aerial technology on the market in flight, and insight into what impact adding aerial footage to a portfolio can have.
- Student Programme – Bridging the gap between study and the world of work, students currently studying film and video production can find out from professionals what skills they’ll need to turn their course into their dream career.
- Home and Office Studios – Sample home and commercial video studios set up to give visitors ideas for what equipment they need, and what they can do with even the smallest of studio spaces.
Organised by Future plc, the global media company behind TechRadar.com – the UK’s No 1 consumer technology website and market-leading photography magazines, including Digital Camera and Digital Photographer, The Video Show will run alongside the award-winning The Photography Show.
I will be at the show on day 1 to get you the latest news and some quick hands on videos on some of the latest video gear announced in the past few months including the new Atomos Shinobi monitor and the Canon EOS RP full-frame mirrorless camera among others.
NOTE: Discount Offer expires 13th March 2019 and applies to standard single-day tickets only (cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, including concession, multi-day and group rates). Code applies to new bookings only.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!