Sony has just unveiled more details regarding the upcoming VENICE Firmware V6.0. It seems that most of the features that will be implemented in V6 are coming as a result of the recent feedback from VENICE customers and users.
Some of the additions and enhancements include even more HFR options, 3D LUT support in VF, new 9:16 & 1:1 Frame Lines, Gyro Tilt/Roll info stored as metadata, and more. You can find all details regarding the update in the list below.
Here are all features that will come with VENICE Firmware V6:
- HFR added- 5.7K 16:9 @72fps, 4K 6:5 @72fps, 3.8K @110fps
- 3D LUT support in VF
- Advanced Rendering Transform (new LUT system)
- 2nd User Frame Line
- New 9:16 & 1:1 Frame Lines
- Gyro Tilt/Roll info stored as metadata (X-OCN & XAVC)
- Genlock & Timecode Status on OSD
- Fujinon Premista eXtended metadata
- De-Squeeze ON/OFF can be assigned to a User Button
- Maintain CamID+Reel# when loading ALL FILE
- REC beep and ALARM volume now have individual settings
Keep in mind, though, that this firmware update will be released in November 2020 at the earliest. For now, VENICE users can take advantage of the already available features introduced with Firmware 5.0 released back in January.