Edelkrone has announced a next-generation remote with the Controller V2. The new remote will control every version of Edelkrone’s motion control system.
The new dedicated controller is smaller, with double the battery life, and a wired connection option for situations where more battery life is preferred, or when wireless interference could be an issue.
The remote has an 82 ft (25 m) range, offers an instant connection, and a 10-hour wireless life or 23 hours wired from two AA batteries. Even longer when using Lithium batteries.
The Controller promises effortless control over any combination of motorized edelkrone motion control systems including sliders, jibs, heads, and dollies.
With a larger LCD screen, the Controller 2 is able to perform all the functions of the Edelkrone app, freeing up mobile devices for other functions.
The remote can be used to adjust speed, acceleration, and any axis of your edelkrone devices including slide, swing, pan, tilt and focus.
The Controller V2 also has a Gesture Control mode, which respond to simple hand movements to trigger a device to control pan, tilt, swing, or slide.
There are also three key post positions for custom programming, enabling users to save directions and repeat them until they are overwritten.
Other key features include:
- Simplest & fastest way to control your edelkrone
- Compatible with all edelkrone motion control devices
- Up to 82 ft. (25 m) wireless range
- Wired connection option for single compatible edelkrone devices (cable sold separately)
- Up to 131 ft. (40 m) of total cable length with wired connections (3.5 mm audio cables)
- Bigger, easier to read OLED display
- Compact design that fits in any pocket
- Works with x2 AA batteries – Rechargeable batteries: 11 hours (wireless), 23 hours (wired); Alkaline batteries: 9 hours (wireless), 28 hours (wired); Lithium batteries: 19 hours (wireless), 50 hours (wired)
Through the optional edelkrone Link Hub, users can connect more than one compatible motion control system to the Link Adapter and control them simultaneously.
The Edelkrone Controller V2 has a retail price of $139, and through their Trade-Up program, users can save $30 by trading in their first-gen controller. No word on if the trade-in is through retailers or if edelkrone only offers that direct.
- edelkrone Controller v2 (B&H)
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!