We’re nearing end of Q1 and for most camera and gear manufacturers, as well as resellers this makes it a great time to get rid of as much inventory as possible before new models come in later in the year. This is what we believe Canon are doing, as they just officially dropped to price of the 3 year old workhorse Canon 5D Mark III to $2,499 in the US. A few other DSLR’s in the EOS line are seeing reductions as well. So, if you’re in the market for a full-frame Canon DSLR capable of shooting raw video in 14bit fully utilising the potential of Magic Lantern, this is good time to jump on the Canon wagon. Of course, some may say it’s better to way until after NAB or later down the year, as a new model is imminent, however it’s not guaranteed the price will continue to fall. It will in the 2nd hand market, but for 2 and a half grand, you’re getting a whole lotta bang for your buck.
Rumours are flying around the industry of a new replacement Mark IV model, which will hopefully get Canon back on track with the addition of on-board 4K video in a decent codec. We’ll probably have to wait until the Fall to see the elusive Mark III successor, and I won’t be surprised to see some sort of announcement at NAB, despite the fact the show will probably be reserved for the bigger C300 and C500 replacements in the Cinema EOS line, which is also badly due for an overhaul.
Here’s a list of some of the best Canon DSLR deals at Adorama and B&H at the moment:
- Canon 5D Mark III Body only – $2,499
- Canon 6D Body only – $1,399 and other kits
- Canon 7D Mark II – $1,699
- Canon 70D – body only – Now $999
- EOS Rebel SL1 – $399
- Instant Rebates on a variety of lenses
- Deals on Lighting Equipment
- All Canon Savings and Deals
- Canon 5D Mark III Body – $2,499
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III + 24-105mm f/4L IS – $3,099
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III + 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens – $3,249
- Canon EOS 6D Body – $1,399
- Canon EOS 6D + 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 STM – $1,799
- Canon EOS 6D + 24-105mm f/4L – $1,999
As we move closer to the biggest pro video trade show of the year – NAB in April, I am sure we’ll be seeing more deals not only from Canon, but also other manufacturers as well.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!