Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Update 12.3.1 has been released. The latest update improves the performance of H.264, H.265, OpenEXR, Varicam, MPEG4 and AVC on both Mac and Windows. It also adds new options for smaller font sizes on burn-ins, ARRI RAW sharpness, RED SDK v6.1 and more. For those who have missed the previous 12.2 update, you can catch up on what you missed here. With the latest 12.3.1 update, DaVinci Resolve makes yet another step onto becoming a leading one-stop-shop NLE and grading suite for independent filmmakers as well as established professionals working at the highest level of the video and film industry.
Here’s a list of what is new in DaVinci Resolve Update 12.3.1
- Decode support for HEVC/H.265 QuickTime video in DaVinci Resolve Studio on Windows
- Added Media Storage context menu option to directly add storage locations without opening Preferences on Mac and Windows
- Ability to add Media Storage locations without restarting Resolve on Mac and Windows
- Added support for reading Reel Names in OpenEXR media
- Added decode support for Sony MPEG2 video files
- Added support for ARRI RAW sharpness when using the ARRI Full Res Debayer
- Added support for smaller font sizes on burn-ins
- Added support for keyboard shortcut for loop on the Edit Page
- Improved HEVC/H.265 decode performance on Mac in DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Improved H.264 decode performance on Windows
- Improved Varicam, MPEG4, AVC and AVC-Intra MXF decode performance on Mac and Windows
- Improved compressed OpenEXR decode performance
- Added support for RED SDK v6.1
- General performance and stability improvements
- DaVinci Resolve 12.3.1 Studio Update – Mac / Windows / Linux
- DaVinci Resolve 12.3.1 Update – Mac / Windows
Resolve can be a bit intimidating at first if you’ve never used it before, but luckily we have some free DaVinci Resolve resources you can find in our Store here courtesy of our friends at FilmSimplified (Disclosure: We are affiliates with FilmSimplified, which means we get a small commission for any sales generated through our store, at no extra cost to you of course, which helps us keep the blog running).
For those who want to learn how to grade and edit in DaVinci Resolve 12 on their own with a really straightforward online course, FilmSimplified’s Colour Grading & Editing Bundle is now on sale at 58% Off for $149. Get it here.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!