Paralinx are back with a smarter, lighter and better built top-end wireless video monitoring solution. Popular wireless transmitter makers Paralinx just announced their 2nd generation Paralinx Tomahawk simply dubbed – the Paralinx Tomahawk 2. The wireless video transmission system has a wide coverage range of 2,000 feet (around 600 meters) with a super minimal latency of less than 1 mili second! The Paralinx Tomahawk 2 is the latest long-range wireless HD video transmitter system from Paralinx, which are well known for their affordable and very compact wireless monitoring solutions such as the Paralinx Ace.
The Tomahawk 2 system is comprised of a transmitter and a receiver and both feature 2-Pin power connectors. The Tomahawk2 transmitter features a wide 6-28 volt input range, while the receiver has 7-17V input, allowing users to power the system from a variety of existing options such as budget batteries like the Sony L series NP-F style or Canon LP-E6 batteries from your Canon 5D Mark III.
To ensure maximum compatibility and flexibility with camera equipment on set and in the field, the Tomahawk 2 features both 3G-SDI input (with loop-out) & HDMI input on the transmitter, and a 3G-SDI output on the receiver.
The Tomahawk 2 can transmit video up to 1080p/60 in 4:2:2 and is capable of sending video to up to 4 receivers simultaneously. The transmitter weighs only around 208 grams without the antennas, while the receiver weighs only 250 grams.
Paralinx Tomahawk 2 Features
- Lightweight Minimalist design for
- Gimbal, and UAV setups
- Transmitter features both 3G-SDI & HDMI inputs and SDI loop-out
- Receiver has 3G-SDI output.
- Rugged machined-aluminium enclosure for both the transmitter and receiver
- Long-range transmission – Up to 2,000 feet (600 meters)
- REAL-TIME viewing – Less than 1 millisecond latency
- Visually lossless full-HD video signal allow critically accurate monitoring
- Multicast capable (up to 4 receivers per transmitter)
- 128 bit AES Encryption – Secure transmission
- Operates on 5 GHz frequency band
- Conforms to major technical and environmental standards including FCC, CE, MIC (TELEC) and RoHS Specifications
Differences between Gen. 1 Tomahawk and Tomahawk 2
- Dual-Input Transmitter (HD-SDI & HDMI)
- New Tomahawk2 Receiver is lighter and 60% smaller
- Input voltage range is now 6-28V on transmitter
- Machined Receiver enclosure (from high quality aluminium) improves durability
- Integrated 1/4-20 & 4-40 mounting points on Tx/Rx
- Compatible with Teradek Sidekick (1st Gen)
- Compatible with Teradek Bolt 2000, Sidekick, or Paralinx Tomahawk (1st Gen)
- All T2 Transmitter+Receiver sets include custom case
Battery plates, antennas, mounting brackets, power cables, and custom cases are all available as accessories to help customize pretty much any production set-up.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!