I’m sure you remember the Chronos 1.4C high-speed camera that shook up the filmmaking world a couple of years ago with its insane ultra high-speed capabilities and extremely affordable price. Well, now talented Canadian engineer David Kronstein and his team at Kron Technologies are about to release a brand new iteration of the camera called Chronos 2.1-HD.
Unlike its predecessor, the new offering sports 4/3” Full HD 1920×1080 image sensor that captures 1000fps at Full HD (1920×1080) and up to whopping 100 000 fps at lower resolutions. The all-new camera will be available in color and monochrome versions as well as 8GB, 16GB and 32GB memory options for 2.5, 5 and 11 second record time respectively.
Chronos 2.1-HD offers a completely standalone, untethered operation for up to one hour with its internal battery. It can also run indefinitely using an external AC adapter. Other than that, the camera features high sensitivity base ISO of 500 (Color) and 1000 (Monochrome) which should make your life easier when it comes to shooting in modest lighting environments.
Regarding lens choices, videographers can choose between Nikon F, Canon EF, Micro Four Thirds (passive) and C mounts available as field-swappable options. As part of the package and besides the camera itself, users will get CS to C and Nikon F mount adapters along with a battery and 32GB card for saving those insane slow-mo videos.
Other neat features include 5″ touchscreen display with 1000 nits of brightness, HDMI connection, SD card slot, USB and SATA ports alongside the ability to save RAW video files all packed into a standard DSLR body.
Chronos 2.1-HD Ultra High-Speed Camera Highlights
- 4/3” Full HD CMOS image sensor with 2.1Gpx/s throughput
- Electronic Global shutter
- Dynamic range 10.3 stops (62.4 dB) (preliminary)
- Nikon F, Canon EF, Micro Four Thirds, and C mounts supported
- Base ISO 500 (Color), 1000 (Monochrome) sensitivity
- 5″ 800×480 1,000 nit touchscreen (multitouch, capacitive)
- Multiple RAM versions
- Internal Recording on an SD card, External Storage Option via USB and SATA interface
- H.264/MP4 recording format
- RAW video recording (Uncompressed DNG RAW)
- Bit depth 12-bit
- AC Adapter or battery
- Focus peaking highlights sharp edges for quick and perfect focus
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet
- Trigger Two Trigger inputs/frame strobe outputs (BNC and Aux)
- Audio* Microphone/Line input, headphone output
- Video HDMI monitor output
- USB USB type A (host) and micro B (device)
- SATA eSATA 3Gbps
- Low-noise variable speed fan – camera can run indefinitely without overheating
- Weight: 3.3lbs
- Dimensions: 155mm x 96mm x 67.3mm (6.11″ x 3.78″ x 2.65″)
- Availability: Q4 2019
- Price – $5,000
It has been reported that 40 Earlybird units have already been sold out but if you still want to be among the first lucky video shooters who will get their hands on this amazing new camera, you can pre-order it right away through the official Kron Tech website.
It’s also worth noting that all preorders are fully refundable any time before shipment should you no longer want the camera for some reason. Chronos 2.1-HD is expected to ship late this fall or early winter priced at $5,000.
[source: Kron Technologies]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!