X-Rite, the popular maker of colour management and calibration tools, recently announced i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, technologically enhanced hardware and software solutions for colour calibration and profiling of HDR displays, laptops and projectors.
The trusted i1Display Pro has been the professional choice for high-level, on-screen colour accuracy for discerning photographers, imaging professionals, and display manufacturers for more than 8 years. X-Rite extends this legacy for photographers and filmmakers alike with the i1Display Studio, an easy-to-use, affordable, yet professional solution and the i1Display Pro Plus, the ultimate solution to colour manage super-bright, HD, and HDR display technology.
i1Display Studio is the ideal solution for both passionate and professional photographers looking for professional colour results in an easy-to-use format that doesn’t require in-depth knowledge of colour science. It features both one-click presets as well as advanced easy-to-navigate wizard driven options for more control.
The i1Display Studio provides users everything they need in an easy-to-use solution that delivers high quality calibration and profile results in no time.
X-Rite i1Display Studio Key features include:
- Technologically advanced i1Display Studio instrument:
- an ergonomically designed colorimeter with advanced optical technology and filter set
- 3-in-1 functionality – designed to easily switch between
- display or
- projector profiling and
- ambient light capture
- i1Studio software for display and projector profiling
- Mobile Device Calibration with free ColorTRUE mobile app
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling to accurately measure the colour capabilities of a display
- Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio and gamma
- Colour match up to four separate displays for colour accuracy
- Measurement and compensation of ambient lighting conditions
- FlareCorrect™ for display surface flare measurement and compensation
- Video Standards Support:
- NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709,
- Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3.
- Profile validation and reminder to view before and after results with included images or load your own
i1Display Pro Plus is ideal for filmmakers and photographers working with super-bright, HD, and HDR displays. This solution includes the ability to measure high brightness levels as well as the ability to obtain correct neutral shadow detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colours with new Black Current Subtraction technology.
i1Display Pro Plus contains all the in-depth features found in i1Display Pro to profile monitors, projectors and mobile devices, plus these additional features:
- Accurately measure luminance/brightness levels up to 2000 nits.
Obtain correct neutral detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colours with new black current subtraction technology, especially beneficial on OLED displays or any display that can achieve close to zero black point.
- BT.1886 default gamma curve – the standard for HDTV – is especially beneficial for 3D
LUT workflows and HDR supported displays to minimize clipping in dark area as well as achieve better behaviour in blacks and smooth to ideal detail levels.
- USB-C compatible with included USB-C to USB-A adapter
“Professional and passionate photographers and filmmakers who are concerned about colour perfection know that having properly calibrated and profiled displays is an essential and critical component for a successful and efficient creative workflow,” said Liz Quinlisk, X-Rite’s Global Business Unit Manager, Photo and Video.
“The new i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, coupled with our current number one seller, the i1Display Pro, provides every level of users with optimally calibrated displays, projectors and mobile devices, consistently and easily. This ensures a user’s digital files will be viewed and shared accurately to enable faithful reproduction every time.”
X-Rite also introduces three new kits to complement a photographer’s and/or filmmaker’s workflow from capture to edit. Each kit includes an i1Display monitor calibration solution, a ColorChecker Passport for use at capture and a handy lanyard.
The new kits include:
- i1 ColorChecker Photo Kit – $269 at B&H
- includes i1Display Studio
- and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Pro Photo Kit – $369 at B&H
- includes i1Display Pro
- and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Filmmaker Kit – $369 at B&H
- includes i1Display Pro Plus
- and ColorChecker Passport Video
The new i1Display Studio (priced at $179), i1Display Pro Plus (priced at $299) and the new i1 Kits are scheduled to ship later this month from X-Rite (North America and Europe) online stores as well as from the company’s worldwide network of resellers.
Explore X-rite calibration tools further on their website here.
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT