The Irix Cine lineup that currently consists of the ultra-wide 11mm T4.3 and 150mm T3.0 Macro just got a third new member – the Irix Cine 45mm T1.5. The brand new mid-range cine prime lens is specifically designed for shooting with 8K resolution cameras and is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant aluminum-magnesium alloy with rubber seals for dust and rain protection.
The unit weighs in at 1.1kg (2.4lbs) and boasts a completely new optical design which includes four elements made of high refraction glass, one extra-low dispersion lens, and one aspherical lens. All in all, 11 elements in 9 groups deliver crisp details, vibrant colors and an ultra-low 0,5% distortion.
The nine-blade aperture diaphragm of the newcomer ranges from T1.5 to T22 and according to Irix has practically no focus breathing. Just like its siblings in the line, the all-new 44mm T1.5 uses 95mm outer diameters with 86mm internal filter threads. It also provides a magnetic mount for the reversible lens hood and compatibility with future Irix Cine accessories.
Other than that, all the lenses in the Irix Cine line have focus and aperture rings that are aligned at the same height and have the same rotation angle. Except for the Irix 150mm T3.0 Macro 1:1, where a longer 270 degrees focus throw is required, the rest of the Irix Cine range lenses have ring rotations of 180 degrees for the focus ring and 75 degrees for the aperture ring.
Furthermore, the Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 sports an adaptive ring that can be adjusted to any desired position and expose the geared ring so that it can be coupled with a wide variety of follow focus systems. Last but not least, the unit is equipped with a lens support foot that can be attached to the lower or upper part of the lens depending on your needs.
Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 Lens Highlights
- Mid-range focal length with field of view 51,4°
- Suitable for shooting with Ultra HD 8K resolution cameras
- High-quality optical elements – 11 elements in 9 groups. HR, XLD, ASP produced in Japan
- High maximum transmittance value of T1.5 up to T22
- Standardized 0.8 Pitch Mod Cine Gears
- Very low distortion -0.5%
- Sealed construction prepared for all weather conditions
- Compatibility with standard follow-focus systems and lens control motors
- Front filter thread size 86 x 1.0 mm
- Standard 95mm front diameter for cine accessories
- Equipped with a support foot
- Irix Magnetic Mount System
- Focus scale available in metric or imperial units
- Laser engraved markings filled with UV paint
- Durable magnesium-aluminum alloy
- Weight 1.1 kilograms / 2.42lbs
The Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 lens will hit the market in four different versions with Canon EF, Sony E, Panasonic MFT, and ARRI PL mounts with pricing and availability yet to be announced.
[source: Irix Lenses]