Besides the EOS C300 Mark III announcement, Canon also confirmed some enticing details regarding the upcoming EOS R5. The compact full-frame beast will indeed shoot internal non-cropped 8K Raw video up to 29.97fps in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). Non-cropped internal recording 4K video capture will also be available as an option up to 119.88 fps as well as 4K external recording up to 59.94 fps.
EOS R5 will also feature dual card slots, one CFexpress and one SD UHS-II alongside five stops of in-body image stabilization (IBIS) that works in combination with the IS in RF lenses. It’s also worth mentioning that Dual Pixel AF will be available in all video modes at all resolutions and frame rates.
Here are all EOS R5 confirmed by Canon earlier today:
- 8K raw, non-cropped, internal recording at up to 29.97 fps
- Non-cropped, internal recording 8K video capture at up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265)
- Non-cropped internal recording 4K video capture at up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265)
- 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ output via HDMI at 4K 59.94 fps
- Dual Pixel AF is available in all video modes at all resolutions and frame rates
- Five-axis optical IBIS, enabling lens IS and camera IBIS to be combined
- Dual card slots: a CFexpress and a SD UHS-II
Odds are we’ll see Canon EOS R5 hitting the market at the beginning of June 2020 at the earliest so stay tuned for more details as they emerge down the line.
B&H Pre-Order Link:
BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Get the ULTIMATE RESOLVE COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Limited Time Offer!