Budget oriented camera maker Z CAM has added another affordable and enticing member to its product lineup. The just-announced Z CAM E2-M4 is basically identical to the existing E2 sporting exactly the same sensor and body.
Unlike the fixed mount on the E2, however, the E2-M4 has an interchangeable MFT mount. Additional options include Canon EF, PL, and M mounts. The newcomer is expected to hit the market in June selling for $1,499 which is $500 cheaper than the original Z CAM E2.
It’s also worth mentioning that as with the other E-series Z CAM cameras, the E2-M4 will support 12-bit ProRes Raw recording over HDMI when used with select Atomos monitor-recorders.
Other appealing features include high-frame-rate capabilities in 4K, 10-bit internal, and 12-bit external recording, 13 stops of dynamic range, upcoming direct RTMP, RTMPS, and SRT live streaming, and more.
Z CAM E2-M4 Highlights / Features
- 4/3-inch Sony CMOS sensor, pixel size = 4.63𝜇m
- Interchangeable Micro Four Thirds lens mount
- DCI-compliant 4K up to 160fps
- 13-Stop Dynamic Range (16 WDR Enabled)
- 10-bit internal, and 12-bit external recording
- ProRes RAW support
- Gigabit Ethernet port for control setting & live streaming
- iOS app for control setting & live preview
- Deep Learning Engine built-in with SDK
- Direct RTMP, RTMPS, and SRT live streaming
- Price: $1,499
- Availability: June, 2020
Besides this announcement, Z CAM has also slashed the prices of the E2-S6 and E2-F6 models which now will be selling for $2,499 and $3,999 respectively. These are significant discounts considering the original prices of the Super 35 and Full-Frame counterparts which until now were retailing for $2,999 and $4,999.
[source: Z CAM]
B&H Pre-Order Link:
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT