Right on the heels of Adobe, Blackmagic Design has also brought native support of Canon 1D X Mark III and Canon EOS R5 footage to DaVinci Resolve which only goes to show that the highly-anticipated release of the EOS R5 is just around the corner.
And for those predominantly working with HDR media, the latest DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 adds support for version 4.1 of the Dolby Vision CM algorithm enabling generation of v2.9 trims from v4. Users can also now export a Dolby Vision v2.9 XML from a v4 project. Additionally, DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 addresses the incorrect playback for some ARRIRAW clips alongside a bunch of other minor bugs and fixes the full list of which you can find below.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 New Features
- Support for Dolby Vision 4.1 CM algorithm to generate v2.9 trims from v4.
- Option to export a Dolby Vision v2.9 XML from a v4 project.
- Support for RED SDK 7.3.2.
- Faster Metal decoding for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 clips.
- Fixed incorrect playback for some ARRIRAW clips.
- Addressed an issue with ACES IDTs for some ARRI MXF clips.
- Fixed a focus and text entry issue for editable media pool fields.
- Addressed an issue rippling audio extend edits in trim mode.
- Fixed display issues with track and edit index in Fairlight page.
- Addressed a layered editing issue when cloning audio clips.
- Addressed the following bugs:
- incorrect behaviour moving tracks over linked audio tracks.
- incorrect masking in Text+ when using image shading.
- erroneous behaviour deleting gradient points in inspector.
- multiple issues with blank Fusion previews.
- an issue persisting viewer LUTs with comps in Fusion page.
- an issue with offline reference wipe sizing in the viewer.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.
All existing customers can download DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 from Blackmagic Design Support Page.
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT