If you are a proud owner of a Sony VENICE or you’re considering renting out the camera for your next shoot, this upcoming firmware update will give you even more HFR capabilities along with a plethora of different improvements and fixes.
The CineAlta camera model will be able to shoot 5.7K 16:9 and 4K 6:5 video up to 72fps as well as 3.8K 16:9 up to 110fps. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait two weeks more to get these functionalities unlocked, since the official release of VENICE Firmware 6.00 software is planned for December 15th. Below, you can find all improvements you will get.
Sony VENICE Firmware 6.00
- 5.7K 16:9 max. 72fps
- 4K 6:5 max. 72fps
- 3.8K 16:9 max. 110fps
Shooting assist functions
- Second user frame line
- 9:16 and 1:1 preset frame line
- REC beep and alarm volume can be adjusted individually
- Maintain CamID+Reel# when loading ALL File
- Display Genlock and TC lock status on OSD
- De-squeeze on/off by USER button
- RCP Call function
Monitor Out Functions
- 3D LUT adaptation to VF
- New ART (Advanced Rendering Transform) file import
- SDI 1-4 3G-SDI Level A/B switchable
- Gyro information in metadata
- Support FUJINON Premista series ZEISS eXtended Data
As with the previous releases, don’t install this firmware on a VENICE camera that has Firmware v.3.00. The camera must already be at V4.0 or higher prior to installation.
At the time of the release on https://www.sony.com/VENICE, Sony will also roll out the initial TECHNICOLOR look library for VENICE utilizing the proprietary ART (Advanced Rendering Transform) technology. You can get early access to the latest camera software using this link.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!