It’s welcome to see that Z CAM continues to improve their camera lineup with regular firmware updates. The latest camera software released by the company adds ProRes 422 across all resolutions and frame rates on all Z CAM E2 cameras including the E2, E2-S6, E2-M4, E2-S6G, E2C, E2-F6, E2G, and E2-F8 models.
What’s more, those ProRes clips are now recorded as separate files. This is an extremely convenient inclusion, considering that it saves a ton of time for transcoding into a more friendly-editing codec.
Firmware v0.980 Highlights
- All resolution and frame rate combinations now support ProRes 422 recording (except C8K 2.4:1)
- ProRes proxy records in separate files
- Preview and in-camera playback with 3D LUT banding issue fixed
- External SSD recording through USB performance improved
- Added 5K 60fps recording on E2-F6
- UVC (USB camera) bug fixes
- Other bug fixes
It’s also worth mentioning that E2-F6 users get 5K 60p mode whereas the E2 MFT camera owners will be able to record 4K at 120fps using ProRes instead of H.265. To download the latest firmware v0.980, use the following link.
[source: Z CAM]
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!