DxO has announced support for a host of new cameras and lenses with optical calibration corrections for its visual film apps. The company now offers access to more than 75,000 camera and lens combinations, and the calibrations that support optical range and performance.
The list of calibrations enables users of DxO’s many camera software titles to synchronize them with their software-centric Optics Modules including FXO PhotoLab5, PureRAW 2, ViewPoint 3, FilmPack6, and Nik Collection 5.
The latest updates of which now offer support for the DJI Mini 3 Pro drone, the FujiFilm X-H2S mirrorless camera, and the Nikon D810A and Z30 cameras respectively.
Moreover, the list also adds support for new lenses, with calibrations and corrections which are optimized for specific cameras. Those lenses include:
- Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
- Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- Fuji 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR
- Fuji 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR with XF TC 1.4x WR
- Fuji 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR with XF TC 2x WR
- Panasonic Lumix Leica DG Vario Summilux 25-50mm f/1.7 ASPH
- Sony E 15mm f/1.4 G
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/.8 GM II
- Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G
- Sony E PZ 10-20mm f/4 G
- Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM
The DXO calibrations list was established twenty years ago, offering an in-depth analysis of each camera and lens combination, providing bespoke corrections through DxO modules tailor-made for a user’s specific camera setup.
“Optical corrections are fundamental to DxO’s ethos,” explains DxO CEO Jérôme Ménière, “guaranteeing photographers the best possible results in terms of sharpness and clarity.
Not only do these Modules transform the performance of lower-end gear, but they can also do the same for the pro-level kit, too – even the best lenses can have their performance radically improved when DxO’s modules are applied.”
The DxO Optics modules especially compensate for anamorphic deformation optically, restoring the natural proportions of a scene without “de-squeezing.”
Shooters can thus deploy shorter focal lengths for larger groups of people or landscapes without distortion. The modules are also correct for vignetting and chromatic aberrations.
The full list of supported cameras, plus the downloadable lens modules, can be found on the DxO website.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Drone (B&H)
- Fujifilm X-H2S mirrorless camera (B&H)
- Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM (B&H)
- Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM (B&H)
- Fuji 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR (B&H)
- Fuji 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR with XF TC 1.4x WR (B&H)
- Fuji 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR with XF TC 2x WR (B&H)
- Panasonic Lumix Leica DG Vario Summilux 25-50mm f/1.7 ASPH (B&H)
- Sony E 15mm f/1.4 G (B&H)
- Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G (B&H)
- Sony E PZ 10-20mm f/4 G (B&H)
- Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM (B&H)
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!