4K gadgets are becoming more and more affordable. We are not only talking about cameras, but also about monitors and TV sets. Seiki 4K Ultra HD LED TV is the absolute winner price wise. It retails on Amazon.com. The 39 inch model is perfect for a second or a main monitor for your home editing system.
Here are the Seiki 4K Ultra HD LED TV specs:
- 3840 x 2160 Panel Resolution, 4K up scaling, Thin Bezel
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9,
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz,
- Component & HDMI Support: 480I, 576I, 480P, 576P, 720P, 1080I, 1080P, 4k2k 30Hz (only HDMI)
- Video Connections: 1 Analog & Digital TV Tuner, 1 Component Video Input, Component Video (Y, Cb, Cr/Y, Pb, Pr): One VGA Input (15 pin, D-Sub)
- Audio Connections: 1 Stereo Mini Phono Jack Input (3.5 mm) (VGA Audio), 1 RCA Input (R & L), 1 Headphone: Stereo Mini (3.5 mm), 1 RCA Output (R & L)
- 3 HDMI Input, 2 USB Input (JPEG Pics and MP3 Audio Only)
- Refresh rate is limited to 30Hz with 4K
The only downside we can find is the limited 30Hz refresh rate in 4K, which means that you won’t be able to see properly UHD content running at higher frame rates than 30 fps. This is something that gaming enthusiasts definitely should keep in mind, but for us indie filmmakers and editors it’s a perfect choice. You can connect the Seiki 4K Ultra HD LED TV to your PC or Mac via HDMI and set it to its full resolution of 3840 x 2160.
Source video: MrTaiBox123 YouTube Channel
The reason that this Seiki display is so cheap is that it’s just stripped down to bare bones. You won’t find a tuner, or a set of premium quality speakers. There’s no fancy aluminium housing with a coated glass screen. You won’t find a Smart Wi-Fi interface with Netflix, YouTube, or Hulu. It’s simply a display, but for the price – a damn good one!
Source video: MrCheesyCam YouTube Channel
Nevertheless, there are a lot of people who will argue that buying a 4K TV set at this moment is pointless and doesn’t make sense at all. However, the absence of 4k broadcast channels and the lack of mainstream 4K content shouldn’t be an argument for editors not to buy one. At this price point, the Seiki 39′ UHD LED TV is a great budget monitoring solution for every editing system, and soon enough there will be other budget solutions for 4K monitoring.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!