There is always a high demand for more quality affordable grip equipment. One of those that deserves consideration is the Infinity Arm.The Infinity Arm is a fully articulated arm equipped with 360° rotatable and interchangeable ends that are attached to a quick release to add and remove accessories.It offers versatile support for cameras, lights, monitors, and according to its creators, is the strongest articulating arm on the market. Currently, the team behind the Infinity Arm are running a Kickstarter campaign which you can see below.
Here are some of the features of Infinity Arm:
- Equipped with a rosette on each arm for maximum holding strength.
- No loose parts, meaning just two arms and one knob; all bearings and ramps are internal – so no worries about losing any small parts.
- Allows for quick changes with a push button to release each tip from the arm, saving you the time to unscrew it.
- Mounting options include 1/4″-20 male, cold shoe and GoPro mount. (Future mounts will include: custom clamp, 3/8″, baby pin, female 1/4″-20 and 3/8″ with more to come)
- Made of high-grade aluminum and steel for strength and light weight.
- Quickly customizable and adjustable. It can attach to multiple places quickly for a wide variety of jobs.
- Current prototype total arm length without tips is 8 1/2.”
- Strong enough to hold any pro camera, light, accessory and photo combo.
- CNC machined and anodized for durable, long life operation.
Infinity Arm Testimonial – Sarah Remetch from Infinity Arm on Vimeo.
The Infinity Arm is equipped with a bunch of attachments that will allow you to quickly switch different accessories or un-mount the arm with the push of a button. The mechanism releases the ball tips when the arm has been loosened. This also allows quickly positioning of accessories or equipment and easily modifying the angle of the tips while the arms stay positioned.
The included Infinity Arm Tips are:
- GoPro tip mount makes it possible to use any GoPro cameras.
- Shoe mount that fits directly to a DSLR.
- 1/4″-20 thread and the knurled locking ring assures a tight connection to the accessory for added security.
Here is a great example what one can do with a single GoPro camera and Infinity Arm attached to a bicycle.
Infinity Arm – Fixie from Infinity Arm on Vimeo.
It’s great that we start to see more and more products developed by filmmakers for filmmakers released on the market today. Many of the existing established products has a lot of flaws and/or are too expensive. Thus, independent products such as the Infinity Arm could contribute even more to filmmakers community by being not only an affordable alternative, but serious competition of the well-known products on the market as well.