A while back we did a write-up on a hand-held gimbal stabiliser called the BeSteady One Plus from EU-based makers BeSteady (now ACR Systems). And now as NAB 2015 gets underway we received work from ACR Systems, who continues what the BeSteady started in the market of gimbal stabilisers. ACR Systems have some exciting news regarding some new gear they’ve been working on. One of their new devices to be unveiled at this year’s NAB Show is a rather mysterious device called The Grip. It is a completely fresh approach to intuitive, natural camera movement control. If you’re at NAB this year be sure to stop by their booth SU13707 in South Upper Hall to see how amazing that feels and what the future of stabilised camera control is all about – follow their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in the following days for more information as well as our NAB 2015 LiveBlog here.
ACR Systems will be also showcasing other products and have prepared an awesome deal for NAB 2015! During the NAB Show exhibition days (13-16 April), the ACR Systems gimbal stabilisers are getting massive show special discounts: 500 Euros off on ACR The Plus and a whooping 1,000 Euros discount on the amazing ACR The Beast!
To grab yourself this amazing deal, visit them at NAB in Las Vegas this year at booth SU13707 in South Upper Hall to obtain a discount voucher for your next ACR Systems gear purchase. See more features and details on the ACR Beast below.
ACR The Beast active 3-axis stabliser is a versatile device capable of stabilising cameras of up to 8 kilograms (17,6 lbs) of weight. It is the older brother of their small ACR The Plus stabiliser which is designed to take in DSLR sized cameras.
The Beast holds some advanced features like high precision encoders and built-in On-Board Manager with keyboard and OLED screen allowing the user to fully configure The Beast without the need to use any external devices.
Add to that some very rigid, lightweight construction, tool-less balancing, smooth, comfortable and intuitive operating modes, hard case with a set of high quality accessories and you got yourself a truly modern approach to active stabilisation.
- The most advanced digital stabiliser on the market
- High-resolution, built-on encoders
- Embedded speaker and OLED screen
- Built-in keyboard control panel for quick and easy configuration via OnBoard Manager
- The ability to provide up to 5A/12V of auxillary power from the vertical arm and camera tray outputs to power up external accessories
- Incredible precision of stabilisation
- Exceptionally lightweight construction – weighs only 2,95 kg (6.5 lb)
- Made of aircraft grade duraluminum alloy and carbon
- Advanced, hybrid electronics (gyroscopic sensors, accelerometers and encoders)
- Intuitive and powerful ACR Manager software
- Versatility of the working modes: Xtended Stabilisation, Follow Mode, Inverted Mode
- Thumbstick and Remote Control Units available
- Completely toolless camera balancing system
- Maximum payload of 6 kg (13.23 lb)
- Highly comfortable triple grip handlebar – the Handheld Module
- Rotatable, 8-position side handles
- Ability to quickly detach the Handheld Module and use The Beast on other platforms
- Original, in-house project concept
- 2-year limited warranty
- Proudly made in Europe
List of cameras tested successfully with ACR The Beast:
- RED EPIC/Scarlet
- ARRI Alexa MINI
- Sony FS700/FS7/F5/F55
- Canon C100/C300
- Canon 5D Mark II/III
- Panasonic GH4
- Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
The company also released a series of tutorial videos for The Beast to help with the setup of their most advanced gimbal. Check them out on Vimeo here.
For those of you at NAB 2015 check out ACR Systems and see how it handles compared to popular industry heavy-hitters like the DJI Ronin and Movi M10 and M5. We’d be sure to keep you posted on the latest developments around ACR Systems and especially their mysterious new The Grip…
[via ACR Systems]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!