Cineo Lighting recently showed off their latest Standard 410 light at NAB Show New York 2017, completing the range of Cineo fixtures that provide high-quality, easily controllable light. The Cineo Lighting Standard 410 has been positioned as a new standard for motion picture, television and episodic lighting according to its makers.
The Standard 410 features the classic 1 x 2 foot design with a diffused illuminating surface capable of some skin-tone friendly light output. Users can also light sets and create saturated colour effects suitable for a variety of lighting scenarios eliminating the need for gels.
The Cineo Standard 410 utilises Cineo’s phosphor-based, tune-able white light in combination with a full-gamut RGB lighting system to provide full colour control necessary for high-end cinema and TV episodic production.
The Standard 410 is quite punchy, capable of putting out up to 25,000 lumens of beautiful, easily controllable, full-gamut light. With a maximum power of 410 watts and weighing in at less than 27 lbs., this fixture offers a unique combination of convenience and capability.
Creating beautiful light within an extended colour gamut only gets you halfway there. Cineo has developed an intuitive control strategy that allows predictable, repeatable results, either using the graphical control panel or remotely with wired or built-in wireless CRMX control.
The strategy is simple – four controls or four DMX channels control the entire fixture in a single mode of operation:
- Dim – Cineo’s Photo-Accurate Dimming™ maps the 0-100% dimming curve to actual camera stops for precise output control using the MASTER control locally or on the first DMX channel.
- CCT – For colour-accurate white light, choose the CCT as you would with any Cineo fixture, using the CCT rotary control or the second DMX channel.
- Saturation controls the amount of saturated colour to be added to the white light, from full white to fully saturated colour, managed on the third DMX channel.
- Hue – To optionally add saturated colour, the HUE control adjusts the hue, the colour of which is displayed on the control panel, or managed on the fourth DMX channel.
Other features include photo-accurate dimming, variable CCT from 2700K to 6500K, and an RGB/CMY colour system that provides variable saturation without degradation of the white light quality. The Standard 410 features flick-free operation and a passive cooling system to ensure noise will not disrupt a shoot.
CINEO Lighting Standard 410 Specs:
- CCT Foot-candles @ 10ft. Lux @ 3m.
2700 65 700
3200 92 990
4300 123 1324
5600 112 1206
6500 80 861
- Input Power:
- 110-240VAC, 410 watts max.
- Integrated power supply with locking IEC connection
- Fixture Size:
- 12” x 24 x 4.5” (37.4cm x 61cm x 11.5cm)
- 26 lbs. (12 kg.)
- Mounting yoke includes TVMP
- Variable CCT:
- Preset at 2700K, 3200K, 4300K, 5600K, 6500K
- Variable saturated colour with presets:
- Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Magenta
- Variable white/colour blending
- Local and Remote dimming, 0-100%
- 5-pin wired DMX/RDM In and Thru
- Integrated LumenRadio CRMX bi-directional wireless DMX/RDM
- Completely flicker-free operation
- Silent, passive cooling:
- No Fans
- Environmental Temperature Range:
- -20 – +50 C
- ETL, cETL, CE pending
- Made in USA
Cineo Lighting have been championing phosphor-based lighting technology for film and video for some time now, and with their latest Standard 410, the same colour shading can be achieved regardless of the CCT used for photography.
For example, +2 Green added to 3200K CCT will look the same as +2 Green at 5600K to the correctly white-balanced camera.
In addition to their proprietary phosphor-converted white light LEDs, Cineo have developed phosphor-converted saturated colour LEDs. These work with the phosphor recipes in the white LEDs to create a balanced, natural-looking spectrum featuring Cineo’s deep-red colour rendering technology.
The saturated colour LEDs use the exact same dies as the white LEDs, so all light emitting elements of the Standard 410 carry identical thermal stability, and perform over time with identical differential ageing. So after years of service, colour stability remains consistent.
This lighting fixture has been designed for the rental house market, which is reflected in the pricing; currently set at $4995 USD. Find out more at Cineo Lighting’s website here.
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT