Much like they did with the URSA Mini Pro and the URSA Mini 4.6K, Blackmagic Design are now releasing Camera Update 4.9, which adds support for the URSA Mini SSD Recorder along with lower SDI output latency and LCD monitoring latency for URSA Mini 4K.
This update also adds the ability to switch between shutter speed and angle, adds scrubbing support for playback in camera, adds autofill option for lens manufacturer metadata, and improves the on screen keyboard and metadata slate for URSA Mini 4K. The URSA Mini 4K may not be enjoying as much popularity as the 4.6K and URSA Mini Pro models, which are both newer, but there are still quite a few 4K models around. Not mention, the 4K URSA Mini is the cheapest of the bunch.
Camera Update 4.9 Details
New Features – URSA Mini 4K
- Added support for URSA Mini SSD Recorder on URSA Mini 4K.
- Lowers SDI output latency to less than 1 frame for live production.
- Lowers LCD monitoring latency.
- Added ability to switch between shutter speed and angle.
- Added scrubbing support for playback in camera.
- Added autofill option for lens manufacturers in metadata slate.
- Improved keyboard for metadata slate.
- Improved support for B4 lenses.
- Fixed zoom control bug on Canon 18-80mm T4.4
- Fixed focus control on Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM and USM lenses.
- Fixed iris control on Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM zoom lens.
- Fixed bug where lens change was not recognised in metadata if powered off.
- Added new SDI Camera Control v1.2 documentation to URSA Mini Manual.
New Features – URSA Mini Pro
- Fixed a bug where pressing the ‘still’ button causes a crash.
Minimum system requirements for macOS
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 or better
- macOS Sierra 10.12 or better
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- Thunderbolt port for UltraScope and Media Express when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- A suitable Thunderbolt port when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Download Camera Update 4.9 here.
Back in the Summer I had to chance to review the URSA Mini Pro model, which you can check out in my post here, and I found the camera to be very capable of excellent images. Back in 2016 I also reviewed the previous model – the URSA Mini 4.6K. You can see my footage from the review below:
What is your take on the URSA Mini 4.6K/Pro or 4K cameras? Do share your experience in the comments below.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!