Here’s another noteworthy announcement from CES 2018, this time it’s coming from the acclaimed flash storage maker Crucial. In Las Vegas, the company has introduced its MX500 series of SSDs which sport sequential read speeds of up to 560 Mb/s while delivering a high price-to-performance ratio.
Apparently, the MX500 SSDs are rated 30 MB/s faster than their predecessors the MX300 drives, allowing users to access multimedia content more quickly while enjoying a seamless 4K video editing. Just like the MX300, the solid-state drives come in 2.5″ and M.2 form factors as well as storage capacities of up to 2TB and 1TB respectively.
The MX500 line comes equipped with a SATA Interface, Silicon Motion SM2258 controller, and Micron 3D TLC NAND Flash technology and also includes AES 256-bit and Opal 2.0 hardware encryptions for keeping sensitive data secured and well-protected.
Alongside the established dependability and the advanced features, Crucial MX500 users will get access to Acronis True Image software to perform quick backups on the fly. For 2.5″ versions of the MX500, there’s also an adapter included allowing the 7mm-thick drive to fit in a notebook’s 9.5mm storage bay as an additional option.
Crucial MX500 Series Highlights
- 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB Storage Capacities
- 2.5″/7mm Form Factor/M.2 up to 1TB
- SATA III 6 Gb/s Interface
- Up to 560 MB/s Sequential Read Speed
- Up to 510 MB/s Sequential Write Speed
- Silicon Motion SM2258 Controller
- Micron 3D TLC NAND Flash Technology
- AES-256 Data Encryption, TCG Opal 2.0
- Acronis True Image Included
- Endurance (Total Bytes Written) – 100 TB
- Price: Starting at $79.99
All Crucial MX500 SSDs are backed by a limited 5-year warranty and can already be pre-ordered through authorized resellers worldwide.
- Crucial 250GB MX500 2.5″ Internal SSD (B&H, Amazon US)
- Crucial 500GB MX500 2.5″ Internal SSD (B&H, Amazon US)
- Crucial 1TB MX500 2.5″ Internal SSD (B&H, Amazon US)
- Crucial 2TB MX500 2.5″ Internal SSD (B&H)