Blackmagic Design today announced that the full release of DaVinci Resolve 15, its industry standard professional color grading software that has expanded well beyond its initial purpose, quickly becoming a one-stop-shop for editing, visual effects, motion graphics, color correction and audio post production software, is now available as a free download (there is of course still the paid Studio version too).
This is of course all possible thanks to all of you – the huge support from the Resolve community, who were instrumental in getting DaVinci Resolve 15 to its current full, live state by reporting various bugs thus enabling Blackmagic software engineers to make the software more reliable.
DaVinci Resolve 15 is a massive update that fully integrates visual effects and motion graphics, making it the world’s first solution to combine professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production, multi user collaboration and now visual effects together in one software tool.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 15 adds an entirely new Fusion page with over 250 tools for compositing, paint, particles, animated titles and more.
In addition, DaVinci Resolve 15 includes a major update to Fairlight audio, along with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for.
“The public beta of DaVinci Resolve 15 has been download more than any other release, customers have provided incredible feedback, and more high end editors are adopting it faster than ever before,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design.
“Customers get an incredibly mature and fast set of editing and trimming tools that rivals all other systems, the world’s most advanced color correction tools, a completely integrated digital audio workstation, and now Fusion visual effects and motion graphics. It’s unlike any other software out there and is redefining professional multi user workflows in Hollywood and around the world! Now teams of editors, colorists, sound engineers and VFX artists can all collaborate and work together on the same project at the same time, all in the same software application!”
New DaVinci Resolve 15 features added since NAB 2018 include:
- Improved performance when rendering H.264 clips
- Clip names can be added as part of a window burn
- Added support for HTML text formatting in subtitles
- Added support for 2D and 3D title templates
- Subclip extents can now be changed from the Edit timeline
- Dynamic Trim icon has been added to the toolbar with slip and slide indicators
- Audio automation data can now be edited on Fairlight page
- FairlightFX now include presets and customers can now create their own
- Sound libraries can now be created using DaVinci Resolve disk databases
- Initial ResolveFX and OpenFX plugin support has been added to the Fusion page
- New bypass Color and Fusion effects button has been added to all pages
- Fusion compositions can now be copied and applied to additional clips
- MediaIn nodes now let customers modify trim and media properties
- Saver nodes have been added to the Fusion page
- Clip level blanking output is now supported on the Color page
- Nodes can now be assigned custom colors on the Color page
- Compositing images with transparency has been improved
- Optical flow performance has been dramatically improved
- DCTL support has been extended and now supports ResolveFX
- On-screen control for OpenFX and ResolveFX are now more responsive
- Added support for encoding CEA-708 closed captions in MXF OP1a clips
- Added support for encoding EXR clips with alpha channels
- Added support for importing audio clip levels from AAF imports
- New French and Portuguese language localization
- Improved codec and format listing on the Deliver page
- Simultaneous monitoring of SDR and HDR for DolbyVisionTM and HDR10+
- New support for importing audio only AAF timelines
- New support for Final Cut Pro X XML version 1.8
The DaVinci Resolve 15 makes huge leaps in terms of speed, with Blackmagic claiming a tenfold increase over the previous full version, but of course that’s not all; the collaborative workflow is on another level too – it dramatically speeds up post production because editors and colorists no longer need to import, export or translate projects between different software applications, and work no longer needs to be conformed when changes are made. Everything is in the same software application.
The free version of DaVinci Resolve 15 can be used for professional work and has more features than virtually every other paid application for post production. DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio, which adds multi user collaboration, 3D, VR, dozens of additional filters and effects, unlimited network rendering and other advanced features such as temporal and spatial noise reduction, is available to own for only US$299.
There are no annual subscription fees or ongoing licensing costs. DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio costs less than all other cloud based software subscriptions and it does not require an internet connection once the software has been activated.
Head over to Blackmagic Design to download DaVinci Resolve 15 for free or get DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio for $299.
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT