Previewed earlier in the Summer (see our post here), Adobe is now officially releasing to the masses their new, all-in-one, cross-device editing app for online video creators – Premiere Rush. Adobe calls it’s new app “the first all-in-one, cross-device video editing app that makes creating and sharing online content easier than ever”. Adobe Premiere Rush CC offers the benefits of an integrated desktop and mobile solution that automatically syncs all of your projects and edits to the cloud, which in turn allows creators to work anywhere, on any device.
Some believe that mobile smart devices are inevitably going to replace laptops and other larger contraptions, however I am of the opinion, they would definitely enhance the editing workflow, but not entirely replace the editing experience, as there are still a number of features that you’d prefer to do on a laptop or workstation – mainly more intensive work.
However, for the mobile creator, who generally exports for YouTube or the like and does not work with enormous 8K files for example or dozens of terabytes of raw footage, something like Premiere Rush can come in quite handy.
So why would you use Premiere Rush as opposed to a more consumer-oriented, non-pro option? Like iMovie for example? Here’s what Premiere Rush CC can offer:
- An intuitive, all-in-one experience:
- integrates capture, intuitive editing, simplified colour, audio, and motion graphics,
- seamless publishing to the leading social platforms, all together in one easy-to-use solution.
- Creative flexibility:
- Make videos that look great, sound great, and are uniquely yours with simplified editing,
- customizable Motion Graphics templates, colour, and
- Adobe Sensei-powered Auto-Ducking, all powered by Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition.
- Social media optimization:
- sharing presets and one-click publishing
- automatically optimizes all your content for the different social media platforms
- Access anytime, anywhere:
- Create a project on one device and publish from another with a consistent user experience across phone, tablet, and desktop.
Premiere Rush CC has been specifically for online video creators, Premiere Rush CC integrates capture, intuitive editing, simplified colour, audio and motion graphics with seamless publishing to leading social platforms, such as YouTube and Instagram, all together in one easy-to- use solution.
If you find Premiere Pro a bit too intimidating, then Premiere Rush CC, has been designed for those content creators not yet experts in video, colour or audio experts; thus giving them an option to export high quality professional videos and up their Youtube game.
Premiere Rush CC harnesses the power of Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC, offers built -in access to professionally designed Motion Graphics templates in Adobe Stock to get started quickly and features a Sensei -powered one-click auto-duck feature to adjust music and normalize sound.
Since, June 2018, Adobe have been working directly with beta testers to refine the product experience and develop a road map that builds on the core tenets of the product. Based on such feedback, here is a list of things they are looking to improve on, and/or add in the future:
- Android support (that’s a big one)!
- Speed controls
- the ability to speed up and slow down videos. Speed controls are at the top of the planned feature list.
- Removing any and all friction from your editing experience is a high priority for the team —we’re continued to focus on performance.
- Publishing videos to multiple platforms
This Adobe tutorial shows you how you can improve your Rush CC edit with Premiere Pro:
The all-new Premiere Rush CC, is available now on Windows and macOS as well as via the iOS App Store. Android/Google Play store availability is planned for 2019.
- Premiere Rush CC Pricing:
- $9.99/month for individuals,
- $19.99/month for teams
- $29.99/month for enterprise customers.
- included as part of All Apps, Student and Premiere Pro CC single app plans (comes with 100 GB of CC storage).
- Additional storage options, up to 10 TB, are also available.
- Premiere Rush CC Starter Plan:
- Available for free, the Starter Plan gives you access to all Premiere Rush CC features,
- use of desktop and mobile apps and the ability to create an unlimited number
- of projects and export up to three projects for free.
To learn more head over to Adobe.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!