Australian audio maker RODE Microphones announced the 2019 edition of their “My RODE Reel” short film competition. Back for its 6th season, My Rode Reel will have more films and more prizes than ever before with over $1-million worth of goodies to be won, more surprises, and more chances to be seen.
Over the last 5 years, My RODE Reel has become a premiere opportunity for filmmakers from all over the globe to take the next step in their career.
Over 14,000 films have been submitted to the competition from 94 countries, and RØDE has awarded over $2.5-million in prizes to both established and emerging filmmakers.
Entries are now open and will close August 28, 12pm (AEST/GMT+10). The winners will be announced from September 25 til October 4, 2019.
RØDE CEO Damien Wilson is ecstatic with My RØDE Reel’s ongoing success. “I’m so proud that something that started back in 2014 as a way to celebrate our passion for film has had such an incredible response from filmmakers around the world. My RØDE Reel has grown a lot since then, and each year we are blown away by the quality and diversity of films people submit.”
Wilson continues: “We’re thrilled this year to offer such a massive prize pool and to give all kinds of creators the opportunity to get their work in front of a bigger audience. To every filmmaker out there, I encourage you to get your camera out, get your crew together, and create something amazing.”
How To Enter “My RØDE Reel” Short Film Competition
- Go to myrodereel.com and download the starter pack
- Make a 3-minute (max) short film in any genre
- Make a 3-minute (max) behind-the-scenes showing you using any RODE product in your production
- Upload your films via the My RODE Reel website
- Share it with everyone you know!
Over $1 Million in Prizes to be Won!
Prizes include some of the filmmaking industry’s biggest brands, including RØDE, SoundField, Blackmagic Design, Zhiyun, FuzzMeasure, Movcam, MZed, MusicBed, Blastwave FX, Rhino, Rayzr, Vibesta, Wipster, Freefly, Red Giant, FilmConvert, Cam Caddie, Yololiv, Lume Cube, GoPro, Manfrotto, Sigma, Pelican, iOgrapher, Adobe, Michael Wiese Productions, APHEX, Angelbird, Joby and Lowepro.
This year, the 6 major prizes return, including:
- Judges’ Film Award for the best short film, chosen by the 2018 panel of judges
- People’s Choice Award for the most popular short film, as voted by the public
- Female Filmmaker Award for the best film by a female filmmaker.
- This award was introduced in 2016 to encourage and celebrate women in the film industry
- Young Filmmaker Award for the best short film by an entrant under 18 years
- The best behind-the-scenes film awards include:
- Educational BTS Award for the most informative behind-the-scenes
- Entertaining BTS Award for the most entertaining behind-the-scenes
For the full list of categories and their prizes, go to the My RØDE Reel website and check all the opportunities to win incredible filmmaking equipment, education and software.
BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Get the ULTIMATE RESOLVE COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Limited Time Offer!