Even though this is not a major firmware release by any means, it’s great to see that Sony continues to roll out incremental improvements to their mirrorless cameras. In this particular case, firmware update ver. 2.01 for the ubiquitous Sony A7S III addresses the known issue where a Picture Profile is being applied even when the feature is turned off.
This update also improves the overall operational stability of the camera itself along with its performance when using the Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile apps.
Sony a7S III Firmware Update v2.01 Highlights
- Fixes an issue where a Picture Profile may be applied even though the Picture Profile feature is set to Off
- Improves the operational stability of the camera when using the Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile apps
- Fixes an issue where an error message may appear while shooting at a high shutter speed
- Fixes an issue where a file saved in the memory card may not be loaded by the Save/Load Settings
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
You can find the full instructions on how to update your camera as well as the software update itself here.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!