Earlier today, DJI announced the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 portable, foldable mobile phone stabilizer. The latest addition to the Osmo stabilizer series builds on a long tradition of a market leading company specializing in the creation of class-leading gimbals for both the ground and the skies.
Heralded as “the most travel-friendly Osmo Mobile to date”, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 lets adventure junkies and casual folk capture silky-smooth video footage and unique content using intelligent features programmed into the latest version of the DJI Mimo app such Active Track 3.0 and Gesture Control when connected with smartphones equipped with Bluetooth 5.0.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 apparently has an impressive 15 hours battery life, but what is more impressive here is that the new DJI gadget reimagines the ultra-compact mobile phone stabilizer concept with a completely new design as well as locking mechanisms to ensure effortless transportation when on the go.
But the foldable “gimmick” is not the only new feature of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3; the new design facilitates quick and efficient operation, making vital controls manageable with just one hand.
Thanks to convenient buttons on the handle, users can control the gimbal’s movement and access useful features with ease. Quick Roll rotates the orientation from portrait to landscape by pressing the Mode (M) button twice without the need to remove the mobile device.
The re-designed form-factor no longer obstructs the charging and audio ports, allowing for easy connection to charge the device or use external mics. A trigger helps maneuver the gimbal by locking orientation, rotating the gimbal for selfies, and even re-centering when tracking a subject.
By using ActiveTrack, users can tap the trigger once, and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin tracking while keeping the subject centered within the frame. Zoom in and out with the dedicated zoom slider on the side of the stabilizer without needing to touch the screen of the mobile device, making content capturing less complicated.
Additionally, users have the option to customize zoom speed based on personal preference.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 users have accesses to the following pre-programmed creative modes with the DJI Mimo app:
- Story Mode – includes preset music, video transitions, and filters allowing you to edit in the Mimo app a completed video ready to be shared. Choose one of 13 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you.
- Gesture Control – easily snap a selfie without pressing any buttons. Once Gesture Control is enabled, show a “peace sign” or put up your palm and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin a photo timer countdown.
- Sport Mode – like on the DJI Ronin series, Sport mode increases the response speed of the device to keep up when shooting fast-moving scenes.
- ActiveTrack 3.0 – DJI’s image recognition and deep learning algorithms allow Osmo Mobile 3 to recognize and follow subjects of your choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with a tap.
- TimeLapse & MotionLapse – Timelapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you, while Motionlapse adds the dynamic element of movement to your Timelapse by setting points for the camera to move to.
- HyperLapse – Take the appealing visuals from Timelapse and add movement by manually moving Osmo Mobile 3 with you. Additionally, HyperLapse not only supports real-time Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) but also ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Panorama – Choose between 3×3 and 180° panorama modes.
- Slow Motion – slow down the world around you with 4x or 8x Slow Motion.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 pricing starts at $119 US/£99 UK for the standard version (or $139 for the Combo kit, which includes an Osmo Grip tripod and a carrying case) and you can currently get yours directly from DJI here and authorised resellers such as B&H.
Pre-order links (B&H):
- DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Standard – $119
- includes also a wrist strap, storage pouch and anti-slip pads
- DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Combo Kit – $139
- includes Standard Accessories + Osmo Grip Tripod and the Osmo Carrying Case
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT