Lighting innovators Aputure just announced the return of the Aputure “Light This Location” film challenge! By entering this epic filmmaking competition you have a chance to win a RED Helium 8K camera and a ton of other prizes out of the $200K+ prize pool.
For the 2019 edition of “Light this Location” short film competition, Aputure have partnered with some of the best names in cinema to create a life-changing prize package of filmmaking gear equal to $200,000.
Top prizes include a full RED Helium 8K camera package, a ton of Aputure lighting gear, and thousands of dollars worth of equipment from competition partners such as Chimera Lighting, Atomos, Matthews Studio Equipment, Hive Lighting, Bright Tangerine and others.
The rules are quite simple – you need to produce an original film that is under five minutes and shot it in a single location with an included BTS video and floor plan to show the judges how you lit and shot it.
There is no entry fee required to participate. This is a global competition that is open to almost everyone.
There will be six finalists, one Regional Winner from each geographical region. Then along with one Audience Award winner and one lucky voter giveaway, the competition team and judges will pick one finalist who will be awarded the Grand Prize.
Short Film Entries Judging Criteria:
- 40% – Originality and Creativity
- 20% – Quality of the Cinematography
- 15% – Quality of the BTS Video
- 15% – Quality of the Floor Plan
- 10% – Use of Product
Eligibility Rules for “Light This Location” 2019
- Your film must take place in a single location
- Film length must be under 5 minutes
- Each submission must include a lighting floor plan setup
- detailing what gear you used and how you lit your film.
- Your film must be submitted to one of six geographical regions
- example: Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America etc.
- pick the closest to you
- Each film must audibly incorporate the word “ACCENT” into their finished film.
- This can be a character’s name, line of dialogue or even a sound effect.
- Filmmakers must also point out their use of the secret word in the included behind-the-scenes video.
- Behind the Scenes Video:
- Submissions must include a behind-the-scenes video explaining how you lit and shot your film.
- Points are awarded if you use and mention gear from any of the Light this Location brands.
- Must be 18 years old or more
- No Credits
- Your film may not include credits.
- The name of the filmmakers or production company must not be listed anywhere in your film for fair judging.
- However, you may and are encouraged to include your name in the behind-the-scenes video.
Aputure “Light This Location” 2019 Important Dates:
- August 21st: Submissions Open
- November 11th: Submissions Close
- November 18th: Regional Winners Announced & Voting Opens
- December 2nd: Voting Closes
- December 3rd: Lucky Voter Giveaway Announced
- December 4th: Audience Award and Grand Prize Winner Announced
Submissions are now open and you should head over to the official Light This Location 2019 website at http://lightthislocation.com to get your Starter Pack and read the full T&Cs.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!