Just as promised earlier in the year, Sony has just released the Sony a9 firmware version 6.0 for download giving a9 users some of the latest advanced AF functionality as found in the Sony a7R IV and Sony A7 III full-frame mirrorless cameras.
Firmware version 6.0 adds real-time Eye AF for animals to the a9, as well as other advanced features such as interval shooting and support for the remote commander RMT-P1BT. Other smaller improvements include the addition of “My Menu” appearing first when you press the MENU button instead of whatever last menu settings you were on, as well as the ability to change the colour of the Focus Frame.
Back in March this year, the Sony a9 received firmware update v5.0, which was quite a big upgrade giving the Sony flagship mirrorless camera Real-Time Tracking and advanced Real-time Eye AF among other features and user-requested workflow improvements.
Firmware update 5.0 was also a big improvement for those shooting video with the Sony a9, as it added Fast Hybrid AF for video providing smoother, more accurate focus during video shooting, even if/when objects move in front of the subject.
Sony a9 Firmware Update 6.0 Details:
- Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
- This function can be used simultaneously with tracking.
- Eye detection may not be possible, depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
- It is not possible to simultaneously detect human and animal eyes.
- Addition of the interval shooting function
- Support for wireless remote commander RMT-P1BT [sold separately]
- Other improvements:
- [Focus Frame Color] can be selected.
- “My Menu” can be assigned to appear first when you press the MENU button.
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!