Blackamgic Design just released a new update to their industry-standard colour grading and VFX suite DaVinci Resolve. The new DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2 update, is loaded with new functionality and features as well as important bug fixes prompted by user feedback.
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2 adds new audio and video only editing buttons to the Cut page, along with mark in and out buttons to the cut page viewer. Improved smart indicators now follow the marked in point if one has been added, and close up edits now provide more variety by randomly zooming in between 20 and 40%.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2 Details:
- Added support for:
- CUDA based R3D with the latest RED SDK on Windows and Linux
- New audio only and video only editing modes on the cut page
- Audio playback when trimming on the cut and edit pages
- Monitor name in the workspace menu display options
- Copy/Paste in Dolby Vision mid tone offset values between clips
- Additional audio track formats for IMF and DCP renders
- Improved the following:
- Zoom buttons for the timeline on the edit page
- Smart indicator in the cut page for when using in and out points
- Decode and encode performance for Kakadu DCP and IMF formats
- Performance in collaborative projects with multiple DaVinci systems
- Adds Blackmagic RAW support for
- latest Blackmagic URSA Broadcast update
- Added in and out buttons in the user interface on the cut page
- Viewer resize icon on the cut page now correctly resizes the whole viewer
- Cut page divider between timeline and viewer can now be moved via the divider
- Close up edits in the cut page now vary the close up from 20% to 40% randomly
- Search dial is more responsive when using the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- Removed auto jog mode on scroll with the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- Better responsiveness using shuttle with the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- Double press to clear in and out on the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- New scripting APIs to move media items, LUTs, markers, copy grades and more
- Now uses 2 up view in sync bin when using live overwrite editing
- Fixes a bug that caused the clip dividers in the source tape to scroll with audio
- Opening the media folder in the cut page will re-sync to that folder contents
- Multiple performance and stability improvements
More improvements on the Cut Page include the viewer resize thumb button functionality, which now resizes both the width and height of the viewer, while divider between the timeline and viewer allows the timeline height to be changed.
Both the Cut and Edit pages now support audio playback while trimming and improved timeline zoom buttons have been added to the edit page. In addition, opening a media bin in the cut page will also re-sync that folders content if the underlying media on the hard drive has changed.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2 also brings more improvements to the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard making it more responsive to user input. The jog on scroll mode has also been removed and you can now double press to clear in and out points on the keyboard. There’s also a new 2-up view in the sync bin when using the live overwrite feature with the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard.
This update improves decode and encode support for Kakadu DCP and IMF formats while also adding additional audio track format support in IMF and DCP renders.
RED users also benefit from the latest DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2 update, which adds support for CUDA based R3D using the latest RED SDK on Windows and Linux. In addition collaborative performance in collaborative projects with multiple DaVinci Resolve Studio systems also sees improvements.
Head over to Blackmagic Design’s support pages to read all about the newest update and to download DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2, which as all updates to Resolve is available as a free download.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!