If you don’t have access to a Sony VENICE, but you want to play around with the latest menu settings available on the camera, you can do so by using the updated Sony VENICE Camera Simulator. The software emulates the camera’s menu-driven user interface allowing users to fiddle with the additional HFR options and other new features and enhancements included with Firmware 5.0.
The latest software update adds even more high frame rate options along with internal HD ProRes 4:4:4:4 recording, new built-in monitoring and VF features for Steadicam, improved user frame lines, 1.65x de-squeeze monitoring option, additional Paint Menu support for live operation and more.
To recap, here are all new features and improvements included with VENICE V5.00 firmware:
Additional HFR support
- 6K 17:9 up to 72fps
- 6K 1.85:1 up to 72fps
- 6K 2.39:1 up to 90fps
- 4K 2.39:1 resolution operates like all the other resolutions (Previously it was limited to 120fps only)
Flip & Flop support for VF and Monitor outputs for use with Steadicam
User Frame line operation is improved
- Display of aspect ratio and pixel count is now shown in menu
- Additional Preset frame lines
- Recorded metadata now includes User Frame line setting
Cooke /i2 metadata recorded in X-OCN/RAW and XAVC files
HD ProRes 4:4:4:4
- Fixed frame rate only
- Up to 29.97
- Simultaneous Record not available
Desqueeze monitoring options increased
- 1.65x added
FPS information is now shown as Fix23.98 when in 23.98 (23.976fps) project mode
- Previously Fix24 was shown for both 23.98 and 24 projects
- Sub Display, Operator Display, etc
Tilt/Roll gyro has been activated
- VF and Monitor outputs
Additional Paint Menu support for live operation
- User Gamma, Knee, White Clip, Detail, Matrix, Multi Matrix, Scene File, Test SAW
You can get instant access to the updated Sony VENICE Camera Simulator on Sony’s website here.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!