The flagship Canon EOS-1D X Mark III just got a firmware update that adds the ability to record at 23.98fps when shooting Full HD and 4K UHD video. This highly-demanded feature was incrementally added to most video-oriented Canon DSLRs at different stages after their initial announcements, so it was just a matter of time to see it available on the 1DX Mark III as well.
Firmware update version 1.1.0 also addresses the occasional freeze of the camera that occurs when the electronic level was set to “Show” in the viewfinder display and the shutter button or the AF-ON button were pressed. The phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings might change when the shooting mode was switched is also now a thing of the past.
To recap, here are all features and fixes that firmware update version 1.1.0 brings:
- The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
- The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
- Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to “Show” in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
- Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.
- The “Browser Remote” function has been added.
- The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
The latest camera software for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is available now as a free update and can be downloaded directly on Canon’s website.
B&H Order Link:
BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Get the ULTIMATE RESOLVE COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Limited Time Offer!