Out of the blue, Blackmagic Design just slashed the price of the ubiquitous Pocket 6K from $2,495 to $1,995. This is fantastic news for many folks working on a budget who want to get their hands on one of the most popular cinema cameras on the market.
This price reduction of $500 combined with the recent studio camera software that turns the camera into a viable home broadcast device, makes the BMPCC 6K even more enticing offer.
“We have worked very hard to build this camera at lower cost, and we think even more people will be able to take advantage of this price reduction to move into a more advanced and much higher quality digital film workflow,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO.
“This has become more important with COVID-19. Many broadcasters have been setting up home studios for presenters, which have used ATEM Mini switchers and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras. We think with the recent software updates for switcher control of the Pocket Cinema Cameras from the ATEM Mini switchers, combined with this more affordable price it will greatly help this workflow.”
Pocket 6K Highlights
- Works as a studio camera when connected to ATEM Mini.
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- Features incredible quality Blackmagic RAW recording.
- Built in 5″ touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- Professional mini XLR input with 48 volt phantom power.
According to the official announcement, the price drop takes place immediately, so if you want to take advantage, use the link below.
[source: Blackmagic Design]
B&H Order Link:
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K ($500 OFF)