Since its release, Canon EOS R5 is one of the most discussed mirrorless cameras in the community mostly for its unrivaled video capabilities as well as its controversy overheating issues. Despite the fact that Canon was completely open about the overheating and the subsequent cool downtimes from the very beginning, the company continues to improve the camera limitations in that regard.
Today, they have released a firmware update for the EOS R5 which aims to tackle the issue even further. According to Canon, the effect of the new firmware addresses consumer concerns around repeated shooting capabilities and the need for improved cooling while switched on.
The company also states that they will continue to be transparent about recording limits for the EOS R5 and are confident that the camera performs to stated specifications.
With that in mind, here are all the changes that Canon EOS R5 Firmware Update 1.1.0 brings to the table.
- [Overheat control: on] settings are no longer disabled when HDMI display: Camera + External monitor is used and a message to inform users is shown
- The in-lens image stabilization performance during movie recording has been improved for certain RF lenses
- Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
- A phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the “Slow Synchro” setting screen is not displayed correctly when the language is set to English
- Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean
- Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards
The EOS R5 Firmware Version 1.1.0 is currently available for free download directly from Canon’s support website and can be installed on EOS R5 cameras with Firmware Version 1.0.0.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!