Budget anamorphic lens maker SIRUI has just announced the latest addition to its lineup of affordable anamorphic lenses. The all-new wide-angle 24mm F2.8 lens features a 1.33x squeeze factor and has an imaging circle that covers most popular APS-C sized sensors out there.
Best of all, the unit will be available in native mounts for Micro 4/3, Canon EF-M, Sony E, Nikon Z, and Fujifilm X cameras. That way it joins the other two extremely popular 35mm and 50mm 1.33x anamorphic lenses which have already amassed over 3.8 million in sales through Indiegogo and gain tremendous popularity in the industry over a span of less than a year.
The newcomer sports an all-metal body and has a minimum focusing distance of just 0.6m which should be extremely convenient when shooting in tighter spaces.
Furthermore, the aperture and focus rings of the lens are designed with an anti-slip teeth surface for smooth, comfortable focus and light adjustment.
The optical design of the SIRUI 24mm F2.8 consists of 13 elements in 10 groups with 8 aperture blades. It’s also the heaviest unit in the lineup weighing in at 770g (1.70lbs).
SIRUI 24mm F2.8 1.33x Highlights
- Focal length: 24mm
- 1.33x squeeze factor
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Micro 4/3, Canon EF-M, Sony E, Nikon Z, and Fujifilm X native mounts
- Manual focusing
- Optical Design: 13 elements in 10 groups
- Aperture blades: 8
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.6m
- Maximum magnification: 1:21.99(V),1:29.07 (H)
- Filter spec: M72 x 0.75
- Rotation angle of the focus ring: 189.6°
- Max. diameter: 74mm (2.91 inches)
- Diameter of focus ring: 64.6mm (2.54 inches)
- Weight(g/lbs): MFT Mount: 770/1.70; E Mount: 780/1.72; X Mount: 780/1.72; EF-M Mount: 780/1.72; Z Mount: 810/1.79
Super early bird orders of the SIRUI 24mm F2.8 on IndieGoGo start at $749 with expected shipping later this month. For more information, specs, and placing a pre-order, head over to SIRUI 24mm F2.8’s IndieGoGo page.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!