Blackmagic Design has just rolled out the latest DaVinci Resolve 17.0 Public Beta 8. This update adds support for the HDR grading palette when using DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel, improved deinterlacing quality, better handling of crossfades when trimming audio clips, and more.
Resolve 17 users will also get support for the HDR grading palette in the DaVinci Resolve mini panel alongside improved timecode navigation and display on interlaced timelines. Also, copying grades and nodes in the Color page is now focus-based.
You can find the full list of enhancements and all latest additions in Resolve 17 Public Beta 8 below.
DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 8 Highlights
- Improved de-interlace quality.
- Improved handling of alpha channel scaling in ACES and RCM workflows.
- Copying grades and nodes in the Color page is now focus-based.
- Improved timecode navigation and display on interlaced timelines.
- Improved Fusion path maps with ability to open folders and expanded path displays.
- Support for the HDR grading palette in the DaVinci Resolve mini panel.
- Support for Netflix loudness standards in the Fairlight loudness analyzer.
- Support for non-parametric DaVinci CTL IDT and ODT formats.
- Support for dragging stills to the viewer or node graph to apply grade.
- Addressed an issue with audio recording on USB headsets when using a Blackmagic Design monitoring device.
- Addressed issues with adding and navigating keyframes from the inspector.
- Addressed an issue with revealing synced audio in media pool.
- Addressed an issue when sorting by Scene or Camera # in the media pool.
- Addressed an update issue with clip names in the sync clips window when multiple clips from the same camera are used.
- Addressed an issue where the place on top command would not work correctly with titles on the cut page.
- Addressed an issue with transition alignment when importing or exporting DRT files.
- Addressed an issue with handling Fusion effects on clips inside a compound clip
- Addressed an issue where adding new Fusion templates would require an application restart.
- Addressed an issue with disappearing crossfades when trimming the in point of an audio clip.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect in-out range display on the Fairlight timeline.
- Addressed an issue with subclip extents created from interlaced clips.
- Addressed an issue where ResolveFX Video Collage would sometimes show outlines around tiles.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect flow context menu behavior on some Linux systems in the Fusion page.
- Addressed an issue where macros with non-image outputs would sometimes show incorrect previews.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect HDR previews when use mac display color profiles was enabled.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect scaling during playback when using optimized media in performance mode.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect OpenFX settings behavior in the color page when using Resolve Live.
- Addressed an issue where B-chain filters and delays would not work correctly in FlexBus projects.
- Addressed an issue where using OpenCL on Linux would cause a crash.
- Addressed an issue where QuickTime files rendered with AAC audio would not contain audio for the first few frames.
- Addressed an issue with missing audio transitions when importing AAFs with a timecode offset.
- DaVinci Resolve Project Server and PostgreSQL are now in a separate installer.
- General performance and stability improvements.
To download DaVinci Resolve 17 Public Beta 8, head over to Blackmagic Design’s support page here.
[source: Blackmagic Design]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!