Blackmagic Design has just released another camera firmware update that brings a decent number of new features to the Pocket 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro cameras. If you are a proud owner of the Pocket 4K or 6K models, you’ll now be able to get access to Blackmagic’s enhanced generation 5 color science.
Blackmagic Camera 7.3 Update also adds LCD screen calibration, an RGB histogram along with color channel clipping indicators to the Pocket 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro counterparts. The autofocus, active lens control, and focus peaking visibility on all three models are also improved with this camera update.
Blackmagic Camera 7.3 Update Highlights
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro
- Upgrades the luminance histogram to RGB histogram.
- Adds color channel clipping indicators.
- Adds false color guide display.
- Adds LCD screen calibration settings.
- Improves autofocus and active lens control.
- Improves focus peaking visibility.
- Fixes an issue with importing LUT’s and Presets.
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K
- Adds support for Generation 5 color science.
- Adds support for LCD screen dimming for power conservation.
- Adds Q1 and Q3 Blackmagic RAW recording options.
URSA Studio Viewfinder
- Fixes bug that can cause image misalignment
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.0
- Adds support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K.
- Adds support for dual card recording.
- Updates to Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science.
- Adds DaVinci Wide Gamut and DaVinci Intermediate gamma support.
- Adds support for Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- General performance and stability improvements
You can download the software free of charge by simply visiting Blackmagic’s Support Center here.
[source: Blackmagic Design]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!