Along with its latest 3-axis handheld controller HI-5, ARRI has also rolled out a Beta version of the ALEXA Mini LF Software Update Package (SUP) 7.1 which includes a new recording format for anamorphic productions.
The new recording format 2.8K LF 1:1 – 2.8K is available in ARRIRAW and Apple ProRes and is tailor-made for shooting with 2x anamorphic lenses for a target deliverable of 2:1, fulfilling 4K UHD mandates. It’s also worth mentioning that the ALEXA Mini LF can record up to 60fps in this mode while using 2880×2880 photosites of the sensor area.
ALEXA Mini LF SUP 7.1 Highlights
- 2.8K LF 1:1 – 2.8K recording format – available in ARRIRAW and Apple ProRes
- Lens Data Archive files for ARRI Signature Primes and ARRI Signature Zooms
– ARRI Signature Prime 12 mm and 280 mm
– ARRI Signature Zoom 45-135 mm and 65-300 mm
- Sync Shift via Camera Access Protocol
- Various bug fixes and system stability improvements
Keep in mind, though, that this Beta version is for evaluation purposes only and not suitable for production. To learn more, head over to ARRI’s official site here.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!