The imminent Firmware v1.1 for the Lumix GH5 II will add enhanced wired streaming functionality to the camera once it’s rolled out. The expected release date announced by Panasonic is November 29th, which means that GH5 II owners should wait a couple more weeks to unlock this 4K high-resolution live streaming output.
The camera will comply with RTP/RTSP streaming via wired LAN and via USB tethering. Additionally, it will be possible to live stream using multiple cameras using LUMIX Tether PC software. RTMP/RTMPS streaming via USB tethering with a smartphone will be possible too.
LUMIX GH5 II Highlights
- [Live View Composite] function has been added.
- 720° and 1080° have been added as the options of [Focus Ring Control].
- The camera can be connected to LUMIX Tether via wired LAN
- Multiple cameras can be controlled from LUMIX Tether.*
- Zoom operation of the LUMIX G power zoom lenses can be controlled from LUMIX Tether.*
Last but not least, the phenomenon where the GH5 II freezes when transferring images to a PC via Wi-Fi (5GHz) in certain cases will also be fixed with this particular update. The Firmware v 1.1 for the Lumix GH5 II will be available on LUMIX Global Customer Support website at 8:00 pm EST on November 29, 2021.
BlACK FRIDAY SALE - Get 85% OFF the ULTIMATE RESOLVE COURSE BUNDLE! Sale Ends November 30th 10:00pm PT!