Those Sony FX6 users who were eagerly waiting to get the imminent firmware update for the camera that enables 16-bit RAW over both HDMI and SDI can finally download the software and unlock this functionality alongside plenty of new features right away.
Once installed on your FX6, you can get ProRes RAW support of 4.2K up to 60fps over HDMI with the Ninja V/V+ recorders. Furthermore, the Ninja V+ Pro Kit/ Ninja V+ and SDI module with SDI RAW Activation further extends support for 4K up to 120fps.
Other noteworthy improvements for the FX6 include a new focus breathing compensation feature, Picture Cache Recording function, bokeh adjustment mode along with 4-channel audio level meter which now can be enabled on the on-screen display.
Sony FX6 Firmware Update v2.00 Highlights
- Add the AI-based Real-time Tracking AF, and if the Touch Function is set to Tracking AF, you can use Real-time Tracking to track the subject even during manual focus
- Add the Breathing Compensation for consistent angle of view when focusing
- Add the 16-bit RAW output via HDMI
- Add the bokeh adjustment mode for easy adjustment while minimizing exposure changes
- Add new features that support High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) dual production for SR Live
- SDR Emulated Preview Display on EVF
- SDR Gain Metadata Recording
- Add the Picture Cache Recording function, which is also supported when shooting with S&Q Motion
- Displayed the 4-channel audio level meter on the on-screen display
- Add the other useful features
To download the latest firmware v.2.00 for the Sony FX6, head over to Sony’s Support Page here.
- Atomos Ninja V 5” Monitor/Recorder (B&H, Amazon, Adorama)
- Atomos Ninja V+ 5″ 8K HDMI H.265 Raw Recording Monitor (B&H)
- Sony FX6 Cinema Camera (B&H, Amazon)
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!