Even though Timelapse Mode was already available for beta testing with firmware 1.6.1 released back in November 2021, RED has now officially introduced it with the just-released firmware version 1.6.4 for the RED KOMODO.
Once enabled, this mode gives you the ability to tweak the interval time along with the number of frames captured for each interval while still using REDCODE RAW. It’s also possible to set a limit for the maximum number of recorded frames.
Image Credit: RED
Other noteworthy improvements include undercranked frame rate support, improved RF lens focal control, data/time reset on boot, some minor bug fixes, and more. You can find all details below.
RED KOMODO Firmware 1.6.4 Highlights
- Support for Sync Out and Tally GPIO
- Introduction of Beep Speaker sounds
- Added ‘Peripheral Upgrade’ message
- Added BMWAV filename to clip metadata
- Improved RF lens focal control
- USB-C Static IP address on power-up
- Data/time reset on boot
- RF 800mm F11 IS STM lens displaying f/11.3 twice
- SDI audio with only Channels 3/4 enabled
- Clamping of user-entered shutter angle
The latest firmware for the RED KOMODO is available as a free download here.
- RED KOMODO 6K Cinema Camera (B&H)
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!