Blackmagic Design continues to improve DaVinci Resolve on a regular basis. The company has just released Resolve 17.4.4 update which adds support for Blackmagic RAW 2.3, security improvements when working with Dropbox and YouTube, smoother playback for clips with Fusion effects, and more.
Additionally, the software brings support for hardware-accelerated VP9 decodes along with the ability to encode Main10 H.265 on Apple silicon models and generate Rec.2020 Dolby Vision IMFs.
Besides the usual general performance and stability improvements, this iteration also addresses an issue referring to rippling speed changes in the edit timeline as well as fixing viewer preview when dragging a clip under the playhead. You can find all new enhancements of DaVinci Resolve 17.4.4 below.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 17.4.4
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.3
- Support for browser based authentication for Dropbox and YouTube.
- Support for Deep Link Hyper Encode for multiple Intel GPU systems.
- Hardware accelerated VP9 decodes on Apple silicon.
- Support for encoding H.265 Main10 4:2:2 on Apple silicon.
- Support for generating Rec.2020 Dolby Vision IMFs.
- Ability to specify encoding primaries in Dolby Vision XML exports.
- Improved DaVinci Neural Engine performance on Macs with AMD GPUs.
- Improved performance for clips with Fusion effects.
- Addressed an issue rippling speed changes in the edit timeline.
- Addressed viewer preview when dragging a clip under the playhead.
- Addressed artifacts with keys feeding layer mixer nodes on Apple silicon.
- Addressed inconsistent edit previews for HDR in RCM projects.
- Addressed gamut compression issues for custom ACES DCTL IDTs.
- Addressed AAF export issues with crossfades and small edits.
- Addressed an issue with renaming disk database projects in Linux.
- Addressed an issue with printer light keyboard shortcuts in Linux.
- General performance and stability improvements.
To download the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, head over to Blackmagic Design Support Center here.
[source: Blackmagic Design]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!