If you want the audio that your microphones pick up to be heard with the exact same timber and tone quality, it makes sense to design a pair of headphones to match. Known for its crystal clear quality and affordable build quality, RØDE Microphones is now taking that same audio aesthetic to headphones with their new NTH100 over-the-ear cans.
Promising “an experience that inspires creativity,” these new headphones are designed with custom match drivers for low distortion and accurate frequency response. Add superior comfort from padded ear cups and headbands, for wearing during long recording sessions, and the NTH100 looks to be a solid first offering in the headphones space.
Key features include:
- Custom-matched drivers that deliver an incredibly accurate frequency response and low distortion – ideal for critical listening in all content creation applications
- Precision-engineered acoustic construction optimized for exceptional detail and clarity
- Alcantara earcup and headband cushions for superior comfort
- Unique ergonomic ear cups with memory foam cushions for excellent noise isolation and revolutionary CoolTech gel for reducing fatigue
- Fully adjustable headband with FitLok locking system for a tailored feel
- Rugged, hard-wearing construction and modular design for unmatched durability
- Designed and made using high-grade components in RØDE’s state-of-the-art facilities in Sydney, Australia
Built with custom-matched 40mm dynamic drivers and a custom four-layer ultra-high tension voice coil at its core, the NTH100 is driven by an ultra-stiff triple-layer Mylar diaphragm and rare earth magnets to optimize the acoustic and electrical performance with low levels of distortion as their aim.
How that gets accomplished is a mystery, but the result is excellent noise cancellation without sacrificing the natural-sounding tones coming from an open-backed arrangement with all the advantages of a closed-back sound signature.
There’s no external noise or spill looping back into the microphone when in close proximity for recording, which RØDE proudly proclaims allows these precision-crafted headphones, to receive every audio tone as it was meant to be heard.
Moreover, RØDE also proudly states that the NTH100 headphones may be the most comfortable headphones ever, with Alcantara® high-density memory foam ear cups and headbands that are highly breathable and will keep the ears from getting tired during long recording sessions.
Moreover, RØDE has included CoolTech gel, which absorbs and dissipates body heat, keeping the head and ears cool and reducing the fatigue that comes from lengthy use.
Cable attachments are also built into each earcup so that the users can position the headphone cable where it is the most comfortable.
A locking connector in each attachment prevents the connection from being damaged if tugged or pulled, and there are luminous letters and color-coded braille to easily recognize left/right earcup identification.
It looks from this design, that RØDE has crafted a jack of all trades set of headphones that push the creative effort forward without having to take occasional breaks due to ear fatigue. The results are more productive recording and pleasant listening.
Available now for $149.99.
[source: RODE Microphones]
RØDE NTH-100 Headphones (B&H, Adorama)
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!