The regular updates of DaVinci Resolve is something that we are all pretty used to. Today there’s another one from Blackmagic Design and even though this iteration in particular doesn’t seem to be a major one, it’s still worth mentioning here.
All in all, DaVinci Resolve 18.1.1 adds support for Blackmagic RAW 2.8, display scaling options for Windows and restored keyboard shortcuts. It also addresses a few annoying bugs such as an issue with incorrect clip thumbnails on some systems as well as fixing rendering MXF clips with embedded captions. Full details are listed below.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 18.1.1
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.8.
- Preferences option to manually override display scaling on Windows.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect clip thumbnails on some systems.
- Addressed keyboard shortcuts for switching primaries.
- Addressed an issue rendering MXF clips with embedded captions.
- Addressed audio drops and artefacts when using voice isolation.
- Addressed audio clicks when monitoring after changing EQ type.
- Addressed a Text3D issue with characters with intersections.
- Addressed an issue importing tracking data in Fusion.
- Addressed an issue evaluating Group or Macro tool expressions.
- Addressed an issue with Text+ on old CPUs.
- General performance and stability improvements
As with every other new release of Resolve, you can download it for free by heading over to Blackmagic Design Support Center here.
[source: Blackmagic Design]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!