Some say everything is cool in slow-motion! I say some things, especially fire are really cool in slow-motion.
There is definitely something unique about seeing the world around you in a very unnatural way – slowed down. Something we can never experience through our eyes, except for maybe after doing too many “Jaeger bombs” on a Friday night out, but that’s a different story.
And the good folks at Vision Research have given us just that – the Phantom Flex 4K, their Super Slow-motion Digital Cinema camera.
The high-speed beast features a Super-35mm 4K sensor, which provides sharp, detailed images with low noise and high dynamic range.
The Phantom Flex4K camera is capable of frame rates from as low as 15 fps up to 1,000 fps at 4K, and up to 2,000 fps at 2K/1080p!
Here is some incredible footage from the Phantom Flex 4K provided by Starlight Alchemy, who collaborated with Singapore based production house T-Eight to produce this super smooth slow-motion footage:
Here are the Key Features of the Phantom Flex 4K:
- Full resolution 4096 x 2304
- Up to 1,000 fps at 4096 x 2160
- Phantom CineMag IV recording media (1TB & 2TB)
- 32GB or 64GB of internal memory
- Monitoring: Three main 3G HD-SDI outputs, which can be configured as independent 4:4:4 1080p signals or used together to supply a dual-link 4K output while maintaining a live HD signal
- Viewfinder: A new, high-quality Phantom OLED HD Viewfinder is part of the system. Support for both component and HD-SDI-based viewfinders are included.
- Optional Integrated battery mount supporting industry standard batteries
- Lens mount: Interchangeable between PL and Nikon F/G standards – Canon EF coming soon
- 2x 12V and 2x 24V accessory outputs
- Both Mac and Windows based software for download and file conversion
And it the above footage is not enough to satisfy your craving for super slow-mo “fire burning” footage – here is some more:
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!