Canadian based gear makers Cinevate just released details on their latest slider – the new and improved Duzi v3. The lightweight slider is the natural evolution of the popular Duzi slider, which is compact and light enough to be carried on your back with a simple strap. I got a chance to use the original Duzi slider (currently at $399 from B&H) a few weeks back and loved it. Solid carbon fibre rails and slick movement of the cradle made it easy to get the shots I needed really quick.
The new Duzi v3 incorporates some improvements suggested by Duzi slider users such as locking base anywhere along the rails, additional 32 inch length option and compatibility with timelapse.
You can also check out our write up on their bigger Hedron slider here as well as their Morpheus stabiliser for GoPro’s and BMPCC style cameras.
New in Duzi v3
- Upgraded lock secures the camera anywhere on the rails
- Now available in two lengths: 24 and 32 inches
- Compatible with timelapse add-on
- Load capacity of 120 lbs
Duzi v3 Features
- Micro adjustable rollers increase precision of slides
- Centre mounted ball feet to increase strength and stability
- Integrated Bumpers on End Blocks
- Weight reduced by 10%
- Crafted from CNC machined aluminum and stainless steel
- Compact 24 and 32 inch lengths
- 8 precision roller bearings
- Center and side mounting tripod options
- Micro adjusting urethane ball feet
- Integrated mechanical lock
- Cheesed-out top and bottom plate
Having the ability to bolt on various fluid heads and cameras ranging from DSLR’s to larger cameras like the Canon C300, Red Epic, ARRI Alexa (pictured above) and (quite soon) the new Blackmagic URSA Mini on a slider that can fit in a backpack or shoulder bag, while yet feel solid and really smooth is quite something.
Out here in the UK, I hadn’t seen many of these, but I recently got a chance to use the V1 and was really impressed. Definitely considering getting the 32 inch version as I feel it will fit my GH4 and (hopefully new URSA Mini soon) quite well.
The Cinevate Duzi v3 Slider is available to pre-order directly from Cinevate starting at $419, or from B&H via the links below.
Cinevate Duzi Slider v3 24-inch version – $419
Cinevate Duzi Slider v3 32-inch version – $469
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!