GoPro, makers of the most popular cameras in the world, announced yesterday a new addition to their growing action camera family – the camera is called GoPro Hero+ LCD and aims to give enthusiasts and adventure junkies and even more flexible tool to capture their experience by slapping an LCD touch screen for easier menu navigation and shot framing. Much like the GoPro Hero4 Silver, which is the other camera with a permanent LCD touch screen, the Hero+ LCD will make it easier for most to not just control the camera and not have to fiddle with the sometimes cumbersome menu navigation through the side and top buttons, and the waterproof housing should be good for up to 131 feet/40 meters.
Sadly no 4K recording options here, but there is 1080p/60 as well as 8MP stills capture up to 5fps burst and Bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity. The camera is expected to start shipping next week with orders beginning 7th June. International availability is slated for July 12. Pricing is $300 USD / £250.
Features & Highlights
- Supports 1080p/60 Video
- Capture 8MP Still Photos up to 5 fps
- Built-In Touch Display & Speaker
- Ultra Wide Angle Glass Lens + SuperView
- Camera Waterproof to 131′
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Interval Capture for Time-Lapse
- One-Button Operation with QuikCapture
- Skeleton and Touch Backdoors
- Flat and Curved Adhesive Mounts Included
You can order your GoPro Hero+ LCD from B&H starting this Sunday June, 7th.
SAN MATEO, CALIF. (June 1, 2015) – GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most immersive and engaging content, has announced the availability of its new HERO+ LCD camera. Capturing life-like high definition 1080p/60 video and 8MP photos, the HERO+ LCD features a convenient touch display for easy shot framing, settings control and access to an all-new in-camera video trimming feature. Like the entry-level HERO, the HERO+ LCD is built directly into its waterproof housing. The simplicity of this all-in-one design now combines with expanded features to make capturing life’s memorable moments easier than ever.
Rugged and waterproof to 131’ (40m), HERO+ LCD also includes advanced features like HiLight Tagging and in-camera video trimming to make it easier to identify and share your favorite moments. HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording and during playback so you can easily find them later, and the all-new video trimming feature allows you to create short clips in-camera for easier sharing without a computer.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connect the HERO+ LCD to your GoPro App-enabled smartphone or tablet for easy camera control and shot preview when your camera is mounted or out of reach. The GoPro App also allows for easy content sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more and combines with the new in-camera video trimming feature to form a convenient content sharing solution.
“HERO+ LCD illustrates that even as we push the limits of life capture with bleeding-edge devices like the HERO4 Black, we’re also focused on delivering accessible, high-quality capture solutions to anyone wanting to GoPro,” said Nick Woodman, founder and CEO of GoPro.
Whether you are a first-time user or a GoPro veteran, the HERO+ LCD is an impressive capture solution. It combines GoPro’s famed image quality, versatility and durability with WiFi connectivity, long battery life and touch display convenience in an all-in-one design.
HERO+ LCD $299.99 MSRP – All-in-one awesome + touch-display convenience
- Professional-quality 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture
- Touch display for convenient camera control, shot framing, and in-camera playback
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth enables connectivity to the GoPro App and Smart Remote
- HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording or during playback for quick editing
- In-camera video trimming allows you to create short clips for easy content sharing without a computer
- Power on and record automatically with the press of a single button with QuikCapture setting
- Long-lasting battery delivers approximately two hours of recording time
- Integrated housing design for simplicity and ease of use
- Supports microSD cards (at least Class 10 or UHS-I) up to 64GB
HERO+ LCD will be available for purchase in the U.S. at authorized GoPro retailers and GoPro.com beginning June 7, 2015. International availability will begin July 12.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!