What a better chance to get this tiny and super lightweight ultra-wide lens for your favourite Micro 4/3 camera right away and save a few bucks along the way. For those of you who might not be aware, the SLR Magic 8mm f/4 manual lens was officially introduced during the BVE 2017 trade show in London three months ago and since then becomes the go-to choice for numerous aspiring Micro 4/3 shooters looking for a native ultra-wide angle lens at an affordable price.
In fact, it’s one of the smallest and lightest wide-angle lenses for MFT you can currently get out there which makes it extremely convenient not only for compact cameras such as the GH4, GH5, GX85, etc. but also for drones, aerial systems, and stabilizers with MFT cameras on board.
With its 16mm equivalent focal length in 35mm format, minimal distortion, and high sharpness, the tiny SLR Magic is ideal for remote camera work, plus it offers a 43mm front thread for additional accessories, such as an optional hood or standard threaded ND filters. In addition, the tiny lens sports manual aperture and focus along with a locking screw to avoid any accidental focus shifts while shooting.
Due to its extremely small and lightweight form factor, some of you may find difficult to balance their camera rigs on certain occasions, so the easiest workaround to deal with this shortcoming seems to be threading a sun hood on the front of the lens. Even though it’s not ideal, it’s still a viable solution for those of you who want to get a better balance. It’s also worth noting that shooting at f4 reduces sharpness at the corners of the frame so try to keep your aperture at f5.6 or f8 for optimal results whenever possible.
SLR Magic 8mm f/4.0 Highlights
- Ultra-Wide Lens Compatible with Micro Four Thirds Systems
- Designed for Drones and Stabilizers
- 16mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/16
- Manual Focus with Locking Screw
- Manual Aperture Control
- 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Optical Design: 9 elements in 8 groups
- 43mm Filter Thread & 52mm Filter Adapter
- Angle of view: 140 degrees
- Surface Finish: Black anodized
- Weight: 3.9 oz (110 g)
More SLR Magic Lens Deals:
- SLR Magic 8mm f4.0 – B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 17mm T1.6 + SLR Magic Variable ND – $299 (was $499) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 35mm T 0.95 Hyperprime MFT – $899 (was $899) Adorama
- SLR Magic 50mm T 0.95 Hyperprime – $699 (was $999) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 50mm F1.1 Cine Sony FE Mount – $279 (was $399) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic Cine 75mm F/1.4 E-Mount – $349 (was $499) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x 40 Anamorphic Adapter – $639 (was $799) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic APO Hyperprime Cine 50mm T2.1 PL Mount Lens – $1,529 (was $1799) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 50mm T2.8 2x Anamorphic CINE Lens MFT – $2,599 (was $3099) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 50mm T2.8 1.33x Anamorphic CINE Lens PL – $5,499 (was $6499) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 52mm MK II Variable ND – $109 (was $159) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 62mm MK II Variable ND – $119 (was $169) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 77mm MK II Variable ND – $129 (was $179) B&H / Adorama
- SLR Magic 82mm MK II Variable ND – $139 (was $189) B&H / Adorama
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!