Just a couple of weeks after announcing their new massive Bolt 10K receiver for drone operators and those requiring monitoring over long distances, at NAB 2018, Teradek are bringing a major upgrade to their popular Bolt range by announcing two new lines of zero-delay wireless video systems – the new higher-end Bolt XT and the more budget-friendly Bolt LT. Both totally re-imagined and re-designed for serious field use, while sporting an elegant design incorporating useful features like pass-through battery plates, an integrated NATO rail, dual SDI outputs, and backward compatibility.
The BOLT XT is a no-compromise high-end wireless system with a range of 500ft, 1000ft, 3000ft, or 10,000ft (with the new Bolt 10K receiver and 3000 XT transmitter) offering 100% backwards compatibility with the existing Bolt 500, 1000, 3000, and of course the SmallHD 703 Bolt wireless monitor.
Unlike alternative wireless video systems, Bolt XT includes a unique AES 128 encryption algorithm to protect your video footage, ensuring only authorized receivers can connect to your transmitter. Each transmitter includes an HDMI, 3G-SDI and looping 3G-SDI output.
Receivers feature an HDMI output as well as dual 3G-SDI outputs. While wireless performance is critical on set, so are practical mounting options that ensure optimal performance and a quick set-up.
An all-new aluminium chassis further reduces the size and weight of the Bolt line, with receivers now offering integrated pass-through power. Available battery plate accessories include V-mount or Gold-mount, in addition to bi-directional Sony L-series or Canon LP-E6 plates on the Bolt 500 XT.
Teradek has also replaced the internal antennas on the Bolt 500 XT transmitter with an external set to enhance wireless performance when operating in environments with large obstacles or heavy interference. The Bolt XT, like the previous generation, is multicast capable up to 4 receivers and includes built-in cross conversion and Teradek’s proprietary software utilities, including a manual frequency-selection tool, 3D LUT engine, and a 5GHz spectrum analyzer to keep an eye on interference.
Teardek Bolt XT Highlights
- Available in 500ft, 1000ft, and 3000ft models.
- Compatible with new Bolt 10K receiver (3000 XT transmitter required)
- 100% compatible with current generation Bolt 500, 1000, 3000, Sidekick II, Bolt LT, and 703 Bolt
- 3G-SDI & HDMI inputs on the TX, with looping 3G-SDI output
- 2 x 3G-SDI outputs & HDMI output on the RX
- Built-in cross conversion from TX to RX
- Includes Teradek’s proprietary software utilities:
- manual frequency-selection tool
- 3D LUT engine
- AES 128 encryption
- camera metadata/timecode support
- 5GHz spectrum analyzer
- NATO rail (RX), ARRI rosette (TX), 3/8” and 1/4”-20 mounting points
- Integrated (internally wired), pass-through battery plates in Gold or V-mount for the RX.
- Canon LP-E6 or Sony L-series battery plates for the TX
- External antennas now available on the 500 XT transmitter
- Multicast capable up to 4 receivers simultaneously
Teradek BOLT XT Pricing:
- Bolt 500 XT: $2,490
- Bolt 1000 XT: $4,990
- Bolt 3000 XT: $9,990
The Bolt LT line-up has been designed as a more stripped down version, which makes it also a more affordable wireless transmission system, perfectly suited for owner operators of HDMI based cameras or compact S35 mid-tier gear. Up until now, a reliable, zero-delay and also more affordable wireless monitoring systems has really been lacking in the marketplace; seeing Teradek expanding their Bolt portfolio in direction of more cash-strapped image makers is a very good move, and I am sure they’ll sell loads.
The new Teradek Bolt LT line is available in 500ft or 1000ft max-range models, with the 500 LT offering external antennas on the transmitter for enhanced wireless performance. Not only lighter, but smaller too, the Bolt LT is the essential, no-frills high performance wireless video system.
Each transmitter includes a single 3G-SDI or HDMI input with matching looping output, while the receiver includes a single 3G-SDI or HDMI output. Several 3/8” and 1/4″-20 mounting points allow Bolt LT to mount seamlessly to any camera rig and integrated bi-directional Sony L-series or Canon LP-E6 pass-through battery plates allow you to power your system far more easily than before.
Teradek BOLT LT Highlights
- BOLT LT is available in 500ft and 1000ft range models
- 100% compatible with current generations:
- Integrated bi-directional Sony L-series or Canon LP-E6 pass-through battery plates
- External antennas now available on the 500 LT transmitter
- Multicast capable up to 4 receivers simultaneously
- 3G-SDI or HDMI models available
- Super affordable, making it easier than ever to add onto existing Bolt kits or enter the Teradek ecosystem
Teradek BOLT LT Pricing:
- Bolt 500 LT (HDMI): $1,490
- Bolt 500 LT (SDI): $1,990
- Bolt 1000 LT (SDI): $2,990
Bolt XT and LT will begin shipping May 2018. For more details and technical information head over to Teradek.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!